Skinomi Tempered Glass Screen Protector $0.95 @ Amazon

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My assumption is that these are disposable... Once you install it, and then decide to take it off, there's really no way of saving it for a later reinstall, right? Sounds like you've invested a lot in these tempered glass screen protectors... Even at $12.00 a pop... Throw away 5 of them and that's already $60.00!!!

If you're careful and lucky, you can remove and reapply them. And yes I have dropped more $$$ than I would've liked to on these so far. If I don't get satisfactory results from either of these last two I have coming I'm tapping out on glass screen protectors.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem with these is the small bezel on the side. I had to use 3 tempered glass screen protectors to finally get one about 95%. The tempered glass screen protector goes practically to the edge of the screen so you have to be real precise. I would recommend lining up one edge. Even the slightest bit off horizontally will make it look bad. Then I really had to press down on the sides many many times and working it to get rid of the halo effect. One corner of mine isn't perfect but at least it isn't on the screen so I will just live with it.

Also be sure to clear the ffc, I had a problem with putting one too high and it blocked part of the ffc. The skinomi one has a slight notch for the fcc but my old one (super shieldz) did not.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I applied this promo code like 3 days ago and it was .95 cents for the screen protector and $7 bucks for shipping so I didn't order it,I just went back on right now and I was trying to apply the promo code again, and it said I couldn't but there was a box that had a check mark and said apply $7 promotion, and this time i went to place order and it only costed me .95 cents total ,that's what they charged me for shipping and the screen protector was free.

Good deeds OP, I got me a screen protector for under a buck.

Posted via the Android Central App

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got the $.95 protector and it's precisely the same size as the one I have on there now - which is too wide and has halo on both sides. For this price I guess it's nice to have a back-up, glass-style protector.

I am abandoning the idea of glass and going back to film. I have yet to hear about a glass protector that has no halo, and is backed up with reviews that agree. I see no consensus so far. Film is it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got the $.95 protector and it's precisely the same size as the one I have on there now - which is too wide and has halo on both sides. For this price I guess it's nice to have a back-up, glass-style protector.

I am abandoning the idea of glass and going back to film. I have yet to hear about a glass protector that has no halo, and is backed up with reviews that agree. I see no consensus so far. Film is it.

You need to force each section down over and over again. Provided that it is clean, it will go down. Probably took me about 15 minutes rubbing to get rid of the halo. Unfortunately it is practically the entire width of the screen... Any smaller and part of the screen won't be covered.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I received mine today also. I'll be installing it later this evening. I've already removed one because of the halo, I hope this one is better. I'll try spending more time working the edges down.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today also. I'll be installing it later this evening. I've already removed one because of the halo, I hope this one is better. I'll try spending more time working the edges down.

Keep trying... The first few times... It will come back up.

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just installed my skinomi. Major halo... at first. However holding constant pressure around the edges removed it COMPLETELY. Took some time to get it to stay down though. 100 percent satisfied!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering if putting some rubber bands on the edges ,that would apply some pressure would work on eliminating the halo effect

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OK I will be patient in applying mines, so this screen protector covers most of the screen?

It covers all the screen(barely) but not the entire glass

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if putting some rubber bands on the edges ,that would apply some pressure would work on eliminating the halo effect

I put some scotch tape, stretched to hold down the one corner that I was having problems with this morning. Removed the tape and the halo was gone.

If you do use tape, make sure it is snug and that you don't see the halo after you put the tape on

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I put some scotch tape, stretched to hold down the one corner that I was having problems with this morning. Removed the tape and the halo was gone.

If you do use tape, make sure it is snug and that you don't see the halo after you put the tape on

Nice thanks for the tip:)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not perfect but,good enough for me. Btw, sorry picture quality isn't the best, it was taken with a phone that I paid $25 (no contract) for. This is the skinomi /iq shield. Both are identical other than branding.

uploadfromtaptalk1441975796957.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441975807517.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441975818319.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441975827562.jpg

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just installed my skinomi. Major halo... at first. However holding constant pressure around the edges removed it COMPLETELY. Took some time to get it to stay down though. 100 percent satisfied!

Sounds good.
Report back in a week or two to see if thing are still OK.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Installed mine today... Halo around the entire screen...360 degree halo!

As mentioned in this thread, I pressed down on the edges for long periods of time and was able to eliminate the halo around 3 of the four sides... I still have some halo on the bottom edge... I am trying to eliminate that final fourth side of halo, but it won't stay stuck down!

Oh well... I hear that the Zagg Glass has no halo... This protects my screen (for 95 cents) until I buy a replacement...

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I received it and had mad halo around the edges and kept pressing hard and the halo never disappeared and it was aligned dead center, so I gave up on the glass screen protector and just installed a regular one,the halo really annoys me because it gets full of lint.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
any halo ?

If you're asking about the regular screen protector, no it went on pretty good, it is the HD clear one from supershieldz.

When I let them know that the original tempered glass protector had a halo they told me they were making an updated version for the note 5 and they would send me one as no cost, when they sent it the only difference was it was cut more narrow but it still had a halo,but they had also sent 3 regular HD screen protectors with the second and that what I'm rocking on my phone now,I can't see myself spending all that money for the Zagg, but I do prefer glass over the regular protectors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar