03-16-2016 07:20 AM
49 12
tools
    S Pen is the best part of this device.
    Totally amazing.
    S Note is awesome and super practical.
    How did I get along with using my freak'in fingertip all these years.
    Thanks Steve Jobs.
    Gray Area and TV417 like this.
    09-10-2015 04:56 PM
    And every day there are more and more accessories for it too.

This phone just keeps getting better and better

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    09-10-2015 07:27 PM
    I just watched this video today from SakiTech - Tips & Tricks for the S-Pen. Unbelievable - I had my Note 4 for almost a year and I learned some new stuff that my Note 4 pen could have done AND several new things that the Note 5 can do as well. Nice video - worth everyone's time that "Love's this Freakin' Thing" :-)

09-11-2015 12:06 AM
    Thanks Jim!
    09-11-2015 08:26 AM
    So here it is, weeks later.
    I still LOVE this freakin' thing.
    For me, this is the coolest device on the market.
    Beautifully designed and built, fast as hell, totally amazing display, I've yet to run low on battery in a day and I actually adore Samsung's software. S Note with the S Pen is off-the-hook! I use both constantly and their elegant design is actually replacing the most perfectly designed products - pencil and paper.
    Very, very happy with this phone.
    Had to say that.
    09-27-2015 08:04 AM
    Same here. Even though the Note 4 was also good, the Note 5 is much smoother and quicker, has an even better camera, came with a free wireless charger, and has a few really crucial convenience improvements:

• The fingerprint reader in the home button lets me keep the phone locked all the time, but still wake it even faster than by swiping the screen.
    • Double-pressing the home button to quickly start the camera (even when the phone is off and locked) is great for spontaneous photos that I could never shoot in time with the Note 4.
    • And the ease of using Samsung Pay--just swipe upward (even when the phone is off and locked) and touch the home button (for fingerprint verification)--makes it quicker than pulling the credit card from my wallet (unlike with the old Google Wallet); plus, it works at any swipe-reader, not just at NFC terminals.

I'm still a bit worried by the slipperiness of the metal slides and glass back. But I haven't dropped it yet, so no real complaint so far.
    09-27-2015 08:53 AM
    Same here. Even though the Note 4 was also good, the Note 5 is much smoother and quicker, has an even better camera, came with a free wireless charger, and has a few really crucial convenience improvements:

• The fingerprint reader in the home button lets me keep the phone locked all the time, but still wake it even faster than by swiping the screen.
    • Double-pressing the home button to quickly start the camera (even when the phone is off and locked) is great for spontaneous photos that I could never shoot in time with the Note 4.
    • And the ease of using Samsung Pay--just swipe upward (even when the phone is off and locked) and touch the home button (for fingerprint verification)--makes it quicker than pulling the credit card from my wallet (unlike with the old Google Wallet); plus, it works at any swipe-reader, not just at NFC terminals.

I'm still a bit worried by the slipperiness of the metal slides and glass back. But I haven't dropped it yet, so no real complaint so far.
    Gary,
    There are some awesome cases on the market that make the N5 easier to hold onto. Check out the Ringke Slim. I own a bunch of cases already and the Ringke is my favorite. Plenty of good posts here on AC and on XDA talking about this topic.

Regarding Samsung Pay, I am a VZW customer, so this hasn't happened yet for me. Android Pay is working fine though - but I'd prefer Samsung Pay.
    09-27-2015 11:21 AM
    Is there any way to turn off the captive lights without using the power saving mode?

T-Mobile

*Nevermind, I found out how to turn the lights off.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ts-s6-s6e.html

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-27-2015 01:34 PM
    I have owned/loved Nexus handsets in the past. Listening to the new Nexus offerings from Google this week, I have absolutely no lust for them. This has never happened before for me. The N5 is such a stand-out in the market, it actually outpaced the newest devices from Google and Apple by a fair margin, IMO.
    10-01-2015 08:56 AM
    And here it is a couple of months later, and I gotta say it again...
    I still love this freakin' thing.

The awesome display, fast speed, amazing build quality are still totally appreciated, but the stand-out thing for me now that I've really settled into it is the practical application of the S-Pen and the pen-centric Samsung apps.

I'll date myself here by saying that I was completely absorbed in the Apple Newton back in 1993 - handwriting recognition was the rage and it was early days. It was clear to me back then that I enjoy writing far more than keying-in on a keyboard - this is still the case for me for physical or on-screen keyboards. I seem to use a different part of my brain when constructing sentences (an improvement) when I write long-hand and it's far more comfortable for me - it's actually relaxing.

The N5's handwriting recognition is spot-on and the Samsung apps reflect their years of experience in making the user experience exceptional. I often jot quick notes down when I am in meetings and co-workers are always asking "are you writing on your cellphone?". Then, "can I do that on my iPhone?" The N5 is so far out front in the market in this respect.
    11-03-2015 08:13 AM
    Got my N5 about 4 weeks ago and I just can't get over how fast this thing is I still have my N4 so I can compare its not even close. It's a great phone

Sent from my
    Black unlocked N5
    Lagos Nigeria.

11-03-2015 08:39 AM
    It's Thanksgiving, right?
    Saying "Thanks" to Samsung for making this awesome device.
    Simply amazing!
    -bk
    11-26-2015 08:28 AM
    Just bought mine yesterday going from an S5.
    This phone is beautiful and operating system is just like on my S5 so not much of a learning curve, which is
    good for a senior citizen like myself.
    11-26-2015 09:08 AM
    I also am very thankful fou my Note 5. Best smartphone I have ever owned.

Note in my house!
    11-26-2015 09:49 PM
    I have to agree. I've had the Note 3 and 4 and others in between (I'm an addict) and while I really liked the previous Notes, this one has really hit the right "notes" I made a point of trying to really get more use out of the pen and I've managed to do that very nicely thanks in large part to the ability to write on the closed screen. That was a stroke of genius. I also use the clipping function a lot. I got the 64GB version which is pretty much what I had with other phones with an SD card so not having that doesn't really bother me. The battery isn't a real issue either although I can see how it might be if you travel a lot. In short, I think this is the best Note yet. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the Note 6
    11-27-2015 06:59 AM
    Great to hear.

My battery lasts all day and then some. Frankly, since I've gotten the N5, I no longer even think about my battery - it's always just fine.

I use S-Note more and more in meetings these days, and I continue to get looks and questions about "writing on my phone". Funny.
    11-27-2015 07:23 AM
    Great to hear.

My battery lasts all day and then some. Frankly, since I've gotten the N5, I no longer even think about my battery - it's always just fine.

I use S-Note more and more in meetings these days, and I continue to get looks and questions about "writing on my phone". Funny.
    I think there are a lot of people out there who are of the belief that writing on your phone isn't that big of a deal since they've been NOT doing it forever. Of course, when you've never had something, you don't realize how much it can help you (microwave oven?) I love my S-Pen. One feature the Note 4 had that I don't think the 5 has is the ability to write on the back of pictures (looks like the front only now). Not a huge deal though.
    11-27-2015 07:47 AM
    I'll be honest, I picked up my note 5 via Tmobile's Jump on Demand anticipating I would end up wanting to ditch it after a few months. Never had a note, always had unlocked pure Android phones, whether it be through Nexus devices or rooting/rom'ing, etc.

Now I'm two months in and I think the Note 5 has ruined me for other devices.

Things that bug me enough to mention:
    - TouchWiz - Particularly things like the Settings screen and back button on right side.
    - Too damn slippery - Using a case for the first time ever, but the good minimal clear case options make this a small issue.
    - Lack of security & latest Android features - Not having the latest security patches and enhancements for Android is my biggest issue with the phone. If I do switch phones, this will likely be why.

Things I love and that brought me to the phone:
    - Camera - Live up to expectations for both stills and video.
    - Screen size/Body size ratio - Big fan of maximizing screen to overall size.
    - Display - Yes, it's impressive & coupled with size has me viewing many more things on the phone where I would normally reach for my tablet.

Things I did not expect at all:
    - Excellent battery life
    - Freaking love using the pen for memos! I constantly write lists, normally on Post-it notes. Those days are over. I fear I like this so much I may be spoiled for other phones. Case in point, I REALLY want to have Android 6.0 on this device. I use it on my Nexus 5 and am a fan. I also really want to be up to the latest Android patch level. So, the 6p makes sense to consider. But, all I can think about is going back to crumpled Post-it notes in my pocket and that kills it for me.

Very unexpected.
    11-27-2015 09:19 AM
    Note 5 is a pure home run for every reason said here and more including tw working great... Really enjoying it. And add to there list that there proximity sensor so far is great, where my note 3 not so much. Really appreciating all of the effort that went into it.

11-27-2015 09:20 AM
    I'll be honest, I picked up my note 5 via Tmobile's Jump on Demand anticipating I would end up wanting to ditch it after a few months. Never had a note, always had unlocked pure Android phones, whether it be through Nexus devices or rooting/rom'ing, etc.

Now I'm two months in and I think the Note 5 has ruined me for other devices.

Things that bug me enough to mention:
    - TouchWiz - Particularly things like the Settings screen and back button on right side.
    - Too damn slippery - Using a case for the first time ever, but the good minimal clear case options make this a small issue.
    - Lack of security & latest Android features - Not having the latest security patches and enhancements for Android is my biggest issue with the phone. If I do switch phones, this will likely be why.

Things I love and that brought me to the phone:
    - Camera - Live up to expectations for both stills and video.
    - Screen size/Body size ratio - Big fan of maximizing screen to overall size.
    - Display - Yes, it's impressive & coupled with size has me viewing many more things on the phone where I would normally reach for my tablet.

Things I did not expect at all:
    - Excellent battery life
    - Freaking love using the pen for memos! I constantly write lists, normally on Post-it notes. Those days are over. I fear I like this so much I may be spoiled for other phones. Case in point, I REALLY want to have Android 6.0 on this device. I use it on my Nexus 5 and am a fan. I also really want to be up to the latest Android patch level. So, the 6p makes sense to consider. But, all I can think about is going back to crumpled Post-it notes in my pocket and that kills it for me.

Very unexpected.
    Replacing post-it notes is a godsend. And I will agree that having the ability to write on your phone is a great feature.

Note in my house!
    11-27-2015 12:36 PM
    Time to hit this one again.

Google provided the new MM OS, Samsung did their thing to make it work for the N5, and the result is amazing.

Gotta say it again: Love this freakin' thing.

Best phone I've ever owned.
    03-14-2016 04:13 PM
    Got mine February 9 for my birthday...still can't get enough of this phone lol

My first Samsung phone.

03-15-2016 05:51 PM
    Absolutely!

Just a quick answer to your dilemmas:
    1. TouchWiz - Although it is better than previous iterations, I am using Nova Launcher.
    2. Slippery - Just like you, I'm using a minimal clear case (Spigen Ultra Hybrid).
    3. Security and Updates - I have no solutions for this. When is MM coming?
    03-16-2016 01:43 AM
    I love this thing too!!! I've traded it for an iPhone 6s plus twice! And came back to the note 5 again. Most recently I got a galaxy s7 edge and only lasted for 2 days, took it back to the store and exchanged it for a note 5. the bite 5 it's just a well rounded amazing smart phone period.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-16-2016 07:20 AM
49 12