Gotta Say - I Love This Freakin' Thing!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been involved in cell phone tech for years, rooting, modding, tweaking and moving to new hardware as often as I can.

For me, the N5 is a freakin' home run. Absurdly fast, gorgeous display, battery that lasts all day and more, totally beautiful design and build.

Is it perfect? Nah. There are always little things that could be better with any product I own - I am picky that way. But the N5 is a stand-out in the market, for sure. For me, there's nothing close.

Just wanted to say it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Glad you love it.

I played with one in a store and walked away impressed.

Of course, it has flaws, but so does every other phone, and I think the Note 5 is extremely good, even if it won't be smashing sales records mainly due to tougher competition.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been involved in cell phone tech for years, rooting, modding, tweaking and moving to new hardware as often as I can.

For me, the N5 is a freakin' home run. Absurdly fast, gorgeous display, battery that lasts all day and more, totally beautiful design and build.

Is it perfect? Nah. There are always little things that could be better with any product I own - I am picky that way. But the N5 is a stand-out in the market, for sure. For me, there's nothing close.

Just wanted to say it.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I will go 1 step further and say the Note 5 is the best cellphone overall I have ever owned.

As to the lack of availability for some in Europe, I would bet that this will be taken care of soon. I think Samsung is playing it safe on the production numbers for once, and building demand for it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 5 is wonderful - fast, brilliant display, S - Pen for me critical - battery life surprisingly good - but it is the form factor which blows me away. I have (really) big hands, so a large phone feels good in the hand already, but this is the most comfortable phone I have ever owned, better than my son's I phone 6 +, which is now holds second best form factor.

Not much of a camera junkie but the double click feature has me snapping away!!

The Blue Sapphire is delicious but would have loved the titanium.

This is a great phone!! I had forgotten how important form factor is to user enjoyment - this is the best build quality in the business IMHO, maybe even better the HTC!!

Posted via the Android Central App

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving my Note 5 as well. The only thing I wish is that I could have the keyboard auto switch when I remove the stylus. I don't see a way to do this without root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So jealous! Would love to get the Note 5 here in Europe !
Same as Edge + if you take out the pen and edge on both phones which are useful but not like must have. So get the edge + and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, had been thinking getting a friend to bring me back one all the way from Australia, not sure if it would work on UK bands though.
You're gonna have to ask him for the model variant (It's usually SM-N920, but pay attention to any letters on the back) and Google that variant for whatever bands it supports.

anon(9613217)

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Same as Edge + if you take out the pen and edge on both phones which are useful but not like must have. So get the edge + and you will be fine.

I've been shopping around for a new phone for a while now (my current phone is the venerable Galaxy S 1 which is practically ready to explode it's so out of date haha)...really fancied going for the Note on the strength of the S-Pen functionality alone. I know the Edge+ is practically the same phone but I've just not been that impressed with the curved screen. Yeah, it looks good but that allure wore off for me after 5 mins when I was playing with one in store. I'd much rather the S-pen functionality over flash style.

I think it's strange that Samsung haven't at least made the Note 5 available online in Europe, would cost them little to sell the phone online and they'd get all the sales from Note aficionados over here. A lot of people think the Note will be here after Christmas but I think that's unlikely (early in the new year I'd say Samsung, as a whole company, will be all about prepping and hyping the S7).
If that is the case, does that mean that the Note line is effectively dead here in Europe?

anon(9613217)

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah was looking into that...I'm also concerned about region locking and whether the phone would have to be used in Australia for a couple of mins to get around that. Plus the fact that my friend is a bit of a scatterbrain and could quite easily lose the phone between here and Australia!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to say it.
Thank you Billy - this just goes to show how "Subjective" this stuff is! I have read so many negative posts and complete threads on this phone and they make me wonder what it is that I'm missing! I've played with the phone on 3 separate occasions in 2 different stores and have decided to switch carriers and trade my Note 4 in for a new Note 5, I like seeing great posts like yours to reinforce my decision! Can't wait!!!!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Billy - this just goes to show how "Subjective" this stuff is! I have read so many negative posts and complete threads on this phone and they make me wonder what it is that I'm missing! I've played with the phone on 3 separate occasions in 2 different stores and have decided to switch carriers and trade my Note 4 in for a new Note 5, I like seeing great posts like yours to reinforce my decision! Can't wait!!!!

Happy to stoke the fire.
It is an amazing device.
You'll love it.
-bk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to say it.

Agreed!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Happy to stoke the fire.
It is an amazing device.
You'll love it.
-bk
eeeeeYes! Just so happens that AT&T, with my being a DirecTV Customer, along with the $300.00 line switch bonus and the $200.00 (actually $215) Note 4 Trade-in, also offered me a Galaxy Tab 4 - 8" Tablet for free with a $10.00 monthly connection fee. Such a Deal! Like a kid in a Candy Store... L-O-V-E I-T!

My_New_Stuff_2.jpg

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
eeeeeYes! Just so happens that AT&T, with my being a DirecTV Customer, along with the $300.00 line switch bonus and the $200.00 (actually $215) Note 4 Trade-in, also offered me a Galaxy Tab 4 - 8" Tablet for free with a $10.00 monthly connection fee. Such a Deal! Like a kid in a Candy Store... L-O-V-E I-T!

http://www.justtruckin.net/images/My_New_Stuff_3.jpg

Nice score.. Congrats

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34