How can I fix an intermittent unresponsive keyboard situation?

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Intermittent Unresponsive Keyboard Situation

I have come across threads on keyboard lag but I'm not sure if the issue I have qualifies as lag. I have WhatsApp configured to pop-up on lock screen. When a message pops up and I proceed to type a reply, I have had the keyboard not display what I typed. As I tap on the keyboard, there's sound along with predictive text coming with suggestions but the message body does not display anything. When this happens, I have to tap on the Back soft key to get out of the app and open WhatsApp again before I can use the keyboard normally again. This occurrence is intermittent. I Googled and didn't find anyone reporting similar issue.

I have tried Clear Data and Clear Cache but hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Intermittent Unresponsive Keyboard Situation

Have you tried uninstalling WhatsApp and installing it again? It could be a bug in the version you are running.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Not before this post. I have just reinstalled the app. Let's see if that helps over the next few days.

alejovh1

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Same thing here with the hangouts app. I went with a different keyboard from that app store and problem solved

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp has made no difference to the problem. Minutes before posting this I wiped the cache partition. Let's see if that makes a difference.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Try Google Keyboard and Google Handwriting Input. These completely replace the Samsung keyboard and handwriting app with ones that are faster, easier to use and have no issues.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Try uninstalling (yes again). Then put your phone into recovery and wipe cache partition. Then reinstall Hangouts...hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel