Wireless charging??

2015Mustangturbo

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just swapped out my edge plus for note. Have a Samsung wireless charger. Worked great for edge. On note it charges about 5% then stops. Do I need to change a setting or anything?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just about everyone is having the same issue. I didn't have the problem the first day, but I have every day since.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I've done a lot of reading on wireless chargers and the reviews are really mixed.

Some says it starts and stops and the beep keep them up all night.
Some doesn't trickle charge and stops after 100% so phone is around 80 to 90% in the morning.
Some just stops working after awhile.

People say most is a problem of the phone and not the charger itself. It's the only reason I havent picked up a wireless charger yet. The results just arent consistent and I cant afford to wake up one day and find my phone not charged so I'll stick with cords until this technology advances a bit more.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If it's the samsung charger that Best Buy was giving away with the phones, there are several threads here about it already. It's hit or miss for many that got them whether they work or don't. When they dont, it will act as you described, on for a few minutes then stop charging. Mine refuses to charge my Note. Some have reported that turning on daydream mode allows the phone to work with the charger. Haven't tried that myself, I got a Spigen stand style charger that I like better anyway.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
If it's the samsung charger that Best Buy was giving away with the phones, there are several threads here about it already. It's hit or miss for many that got them whether they work or don't. When they dont, it will act as you described, on for a few minutes then stop charging. Mine refuses to charge my Note. Some have reported that turning on daydream mode allows the phone to work with the charger. Haven't tried that myself, I got a Spigen stand style charger that I like better anyway.
I was looking to add one more wireless charger in my house and I like the way the Spigen looks. I have the otterbox commuter for my case. Can you or anyone reading this verify if the Spigen will charge with it on?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was looking to add one more wireless charger in my house and I like the way the Spigen looks. I have the otterbox commuter for my case. Can you or anyone reading this verify if the Spigen will charge with it on?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Works with my otterbox defender so it should with the commuter

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I just tried the charger using daydream and it charged to full without interruption, although it only had about 12% to full.
Earlier today I had it on the charger with only about 6% to go and it stopped twice.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm really wondering if it could be a manufacture problem? I had something similar happen to me with my Note2 after I bought it.

After having it for a couple of months(New out of the box), it developed a random charge issue. I could plug it in and it might charge overnight or sometimes I'd plug it in and in the morning, it would be lower than when I plugged it in.

I bought a new charge plug card to repair it and I opened my phone to do the service myself. What I found was that the charge card cable was not fully plugged into the main board and only made intermittent contact. So, whoever the prison laborer was that put my phone together on the line didn't do the job right. It was good enough to pass the test but not good enough to work properly. I plugged the connection back in and never had another problem with it all these years later. I still have the repair part that I never used.

I wonder if it could be a quality control issue. What more would you expect from 12 year old Chinese Prison labor.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Works for the most part BUT I use alarm clock and have clock face open and in night mode. EVERY night I'll wake up to see the charger flashing green and the phone charged to around 90%. The screen will be shut off too.

It works when I open the clock back up and remove it from the charger placing it down again. Finishes charging and clock stays open until I wake up.

Posted via the Android Central App

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the Samsung charger, but I have plenty of other Qi chargers around he house, and they all work just fine with my Note 5 - case on or off. I've seen a few of these reports, but maybe it has to do with the charger. The ones I have all work perfectly ..

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Any wireless charger with a 1A or higher output will charge the Note 5 at "regular" speed (except apparently some of the black color Samsung puck chargers). There aren't any Qualcom"fast charge" wireless chargers available yet as far as I can find. I am successfully using the old Samsung S charger pad, and the Laniaiker model NCC1701 which I got very reasonably on Amazon (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o02_s00) and have the Anker PowerPort Qi Wireless Charger on order from Anker Direct through Amazon. be advised that Anker Direct takes 10 to 14 or more days to get anything to your door.(http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o01_s00).

mlprce

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has said the wireless charger that best buy gave out is the wrong one for the note. The Samsung wireless fast charger is the one that works with the note. I was told by samsung that I should sell mine and spend a little extra and get the fast charger. With that being said I have had luck with turning my phone at an angle on the charger. I deleted the pics i took of the angle off my phone but I posted them in another thread. Day dream didn't work for me.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the Itian wireless charger (similar to Tylt) and it works great with my Note 5. I just place the Note 5 in horizontally as that position works best. Get full charge every time.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has said the wireless charger that best buy gave out is the wrong one for the note. The Samsung wireless fast charger is the one that works with the note. I was told by samsung that I should sell mine and spend a little extra and get the fast charger. With that being said I have had luck with turning my phone at an angle on the charger. I deleted the pics i took of the angle off my phone but I posted them in another thread. Day dream didn't work for me.

What they are saying is that the Note 5 and Edge 6+ have the ability to use the Qualcomm Fast Charge technology on a wireless charger. However, there are no such chargers available yet. Even the one sold by Samsung is not yet available. It is listed as out of stock and has been from Samsung USA since the Note 5 has been available.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The issue is the Samsung charger, not the Note. My wife's s6 active had issues with that POS charger too. Buy a cheap one from Amazon and ebay the Samsung one.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
FRUSTRATING!!!!!

I absolutely cannot stand my Samsung standard Qi wireless charger and wireless charging experience!!!

I cannot confidently lay my phone down on the charger at night and know what to expect in the morning... Sometimes I wake up to a 95% charge...other times, I wake up to a 45% charge... The inconsistency drives me completely up the wall and I refuse to use my wireless charger anymore. It is an unpredictable waste of time...

I wish I had the confidence to know whether this is a charger issue...or a phone issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21