Got a new job. Would my Note 5 be safe in my pocket?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So I got a job bagging groceries. Anyways with my job it's possible once in awhile I get caught out in the rain helping someone to their car. I'll be wearing khaki pants and my Note 5 is in a Defender case. Would it be pretty safe from water damage being deep within my pocket with most of the ports covered with the case?

Or should I just leave it in my locker if I think it's going to rain?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
So I got a job bagging groceries. Anyways with my job it's possible once in awhile I get caught out in the rain helping someone to their car. I'll be wearing khaki pants and my Note 5 is in a Defender case. Would it be pretty safe from water damage being deep within my pocket with most of the ports covered with the case?

Or should I just leave it in my locker if I think it's going to rain?

Ever think of watching the weather reports and carrying a large umbrella? Millions of people do this, and if you occasionally help someone out to their car and have this available to share you are going to look very good to the customers and also to your manager.

If nothing else and you don't want to take the advice of a older gentleman who always puts in a good word for those who are going above and beyond in the service industry or when allowed tips generously, carry a zip lock bag, folded in your pocket to put your phone in just to be safe.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
A Defender case is pretty robust and even torrential downpour for a few minutes is unlikely to penetrate through your pocket and then through the extremely thick defender case to your Note 5. I'd say you are pretty much fine keeping the Note 5 on your person, keep in mind modern smartphones are all designed to withstand small amounts water to some degree otherwise they would all go to crap if ever exposed to rain.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I think the plastic bag just in case of an emergency is a easy and worry free solution. You could keep the bag in your wallet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would not recommend it in the rain. If you have to go into the rain then test the plastic pouch before hand to make sure it is water light.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma