Had my note 5 since August 21. I put on a glass screen protector and no case. Used it very gently, didn't drop it once. To my dismay, while cleaning the phone this morning, I noticed a crack across the entire length of the back. I have no idea how or when this happened.Really disappointed as this is a really great phone. I don't think I'll be getting a replacement, probably just go back to my Note 4.

How tough is the glass back? Apparently not very-20150908_072709.jpg
    Wobblin30 likes this.
    09-08-2015 07:11 AM
    Wow that sucks. I've kept mine in a Ringke Fusion case, no issues yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
    adam9997 likes this.
    09-08-2015 07:16 AM
    I would replace it for sure. If you honestly didn't sit on it in your back pocket and just pulled it out of the case then it's probably a manufacturer defect.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    adam9997 likes this.
    09-08-2015 07:24 AM
    I did not use a case, don't like them, never used one on any previous phones I used. I did however put a glass screen protector. I never put the phone in the back pocket, front only. Never sat on, dropped, abused, etc. only thing I recall is leaving it in my car on a very hot day. Can't imagine the phone is that fragile. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. My intent is not to bash the phone, I absolutely love it. Since this is a new design with a curved glass backing, I'm very curious how well this phone will hold up and sincerely hope this is an isolated issue.
    09-08-2015 07:44 AM
    Same opinion. Dislike cases.
    I'm not "nice" to my Note 5 (AT&T 64GB Black) and just have an iGlass Slim screen protector on.
    Don't see any impact points on yours. I'd agree with it being a defect. If it was an issue we would likely see more posts here especially for something like that.
    Luck!
    adam9997 likes this.
    09-08-2015 09:37 AM
    I see iPhones with cracked backs all the time and many people don't use cases on them.

I use thin clear cases on my phones, always. It doesn't cover up the phone and doesn't offer a lot of protection, but some. I generally take the case off when I'm home or other places sitting down and using it.
    adam9997 likes this.
    09-08-2015 09:42 AM
    UPDATE: Took the phone back to verizon and understandably they told me to pound sand. Requested service from Samsung, $71 to repair. What really bothers me is that I did nothing to cause this phone to crack. Never dropped, kicked, sat on, etc. On the positive note, when I switched back to Note 4, I did a factory reset and the phone is running great. Few performance issues I had with exchange server are gone. Switching back It's very noticeable how much sturdier 4 feels over 5. The wife will be get repaired 5 and I'll stick with 4 for another year.
    09-09-2015 07:46 AM
    UPDATE: Took the phone back to verizon and understandably they told me to pound sand. Requested service from Samsung, $71 to repair. What really bothers me is that I did nothing to cause this phone to crack. Never dropped, kicked, sat on, etc. On the positive note, when I switched back to Note 4, I did a factory reset and the phone is running great. Few performance issues I had with exchange server are gone. Switching back It's very noticeable how much sturdier 4 feels over 5. The wife will be get repaired 5 and I'll stick with 4 for another year.
    I would ask to speak to the repair department after the phone is sent in and you have the ticket number. I would ask for a supervisor. Give it the day after they receive it to give it to me to get into the computer.

Tell the supervisor what happened, ask if they can look and prove there was no damage.
    adam9997 likes this.
    09-09-2015 08:19 AM
    I would ask to speak to the repair department after the phone is sent in and you have the ticket number. I would ask for a supervisor. Give it the day after they receive it to give it to me to get into the computer.

Tell the supervisor what happened, ask if they can look and prove there was no damage.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll give it a try
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-09-2015 08:45 AM
    I dropped mine (without a case) less than a foot & broke my back glass. I talked with Verizon & I could get a "like new replacement". The store rep said it would likely be a new phone since its been out such a short time, but no guarantee. I've had problems with replacement phones in the past and didn't want to take a chance so sent it to Samsung for repair. Currently waiting to get it back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    adam9997 likes this.
    09-09-2015 10:56 AM