Tempered Glass Screen Protector: Zagg vs Verizon

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know the differences between the two? Money aside which one is better?? Does using a tempered Glass protector effect any functionality of the phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use one from iGlass (Slim) for mine.
Works great and have seen no downside to this.
Personally, I am always hesitant on using a carrier item - they are usually margin driven, not quality driven. Sadly.

Advice - use one that is under 0.3mm thick. There have been reports that thicker does interfere with sensitivity.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have Tmobile but went to the Verizon store because they have ZAGG cheaper than BEst Buy and Best Buy ZAGG is different. Verizon glass was $10 cheaper but ZAGG has teh warranty if it breaks which is a better value I think.

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I got my Zagg at the Vzw store as well. It was cheaper than BB. It started out with terrible halo all the way around. I was going to take it back then noticed a little instruction slip saying to press around the edges for 10-15 seconds and the halo will be gone. I tried and it is perfect. The Zagg has the best fit and warranty for me so its worth the extra of the hit or miss Amazon ones.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I got my Zagg at the Vzw store as well. It was cheaper than BB. It started out with terrible halo all the way around. I was going to take it back then noticed a little instruction slip saying to press around the edges for 10-15 seconds and the halo will be gone. I tried and it is perfect. The Zagg has the best fit and warranty for me so its worth the extra of the hit or miss Amazon ones.

Please put up a couple of pictures.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This is what I need to know. There is a Zagg store by my office, so if it's halo free, I will be grabbing one tomorrow.

the ZAGG I have has no halo. I really like it a lot. Never had a halo problem with the three phones I've used them on. So they have a ZAGG store?

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I know my response isn't related to the the ones you've mentioned but the Skinomi glass protector is top notch and really forgiving with the application (water and dish soap, can wet apply if neccesary). Crystal clear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Zagg probably has things like beveled edges, easy apply tabs, but the skinomi at a buck isn't far from the zagg, imo. Zagg is what? $30-40 bux? Probably zagg has better warranty, but I got a bunch of the skinomi ones in case the one that I had got damaged. Zagg replacement is free, but requires a $5.99 shipping and handling fee for damaged screen protectors. I can get 6 skinomi ones for that price.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Verizon branded accessories are usually of low quality, at least the charges and shell holster cases I see broken all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Zagg was sold out at Best Buy and Verizon when I got my phone so I ordered thru Amazon Jetech $7 Tempered Glasscrean

0e832512a10effc43defed8114a44af0.jpg

But I think I have a halo effect

f37e281a9c8d897a70580cb8ec3decaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes