Hi guys,

I'm a first time user of Android, just migrated over from my iPhone 4s. I must say that I love the phone.

I've had a few nagging I'm issues, for one, I've installed Nine, and it pushes my calendar notifications to both the S Planner and the Calender from Google (which I prefer). The problem is it sends the notification to both the applications. Does anyone know how to disable the S Planner?

The top overlay constantly notifies me about some sort of Samsung Keyboard? I always just slide it off my screen.

Can anyone verify if the SmartStay works? I've noticed that if I'm lying down it always blacks out.

I wish we had more customizable power, such as jailbreaking.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 02:29 PM
    Root is much more powerful than jailbreak, the problem your having is that jail break there is an app that gets installed to do customizations and there is nothing like that. All android customizations are done with apps from Play store and custom roms.

In splanner click on more then settings then turn notification off

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 02:48 PM
    You can also disable the stock calendar in the application manager,if you prefer to use the Google one.

What did you specifically want to do that you would need jailbreak (root for android)?
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-08-2015 02:51 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm a first time user of Android, just migrated over from my iPhone 4s. I must say that I love the phone.

I've had a few nagging I'm issues, for one, I've installed Nine, and it pushes my calendar notifications to both the S Planner and the Calender from Google (which I prefer). The problem is it sends the notification to both the applications. Does anyone know how to disable the S Planner?

The top overlay constantly notifies me about some sort of Samsung Keyboard? I always just slide it off my screen.
    Can anyone verify if the SmartStay works? I've noticed that if I'm lying down it always blacks out.
    I wish we had more customizable power, such as jailbreaking.
    Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    I just disabled the stock calendar and used the Google one.
    09-08-2015 03:14 PM
    When you get the notification, just hold and press the notification, it will take you to the notification settings page for that app where you can disable notifications for that app completely. In that way, you can disable notifications for S Planner and just have it for Google Calendar.

You can also go to Settings and search for Notifications where you can configure this.
    09-08-2015 03:19 PM
    how do you do that?
    09-08-2015 03:22 PM
    Thank you for the plethora of replies.

I've disabled the S Planner as you all have suggested, I hope it never turns on again.

Why would I like to root my phone? I completely dislike preloaded applications. But it's been great so far, so I can ignore it.

Has anyone noticed that if you SmartSelect a video, to take a picture from a video, that it can't be shared via messages.

09-08-2015 03:57 PM
    Thank you for the plethora of replies.

I've disabled the S Planner as you all have suggested, I hope it never turns on again.

Why would I like to root my phone? I completely dislike preloaded applications. But it's been great so far, so I can ignore it.

Has anyone noticed that if you SmartSelect a video, to take a picture from a video, that it can't be shared via messages.

You can go to Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All and click on programs you don't want to run. If it is a pre-loaded app you most often have the option to "Disable" it. Which prevents it from running and loading any services in the background as well as remove the app icon from the screen. This leaves the physical HD space still occupied but otherwise it is gone.
    09-08-2015 04:46 PM