Screen suddenly became gray (black and white)...what to do?!

mempto

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
So all of a sudden my screen went from color to black and white (gray) and I have no idea why. Has anyone experienced this and if so...what did you do to fix it? I hope it's not a hardware issue. I had noticed earlier that sometimes when scrolling in Chrome, the top portion of the article would turn a gray color but I just chalked it up to a weird software glitch. Can anyone help?

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Is your battery low? Its sounds like ultra power saving mode to me (if not a software glitch). If your battery isnt low, go into settings > accessibility > vision > and see if greyscale is turned on

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you somehow enabled grayscale mode. Go to settings-->personal-->accessibility-->vision and make sure the "greyscale" slider is turned off.

Mbca2

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Just happened to me. Mine is a mint looking albeit replacement Samsung Note 5, which I took care of even using external free space wipers to maintain, VPN law practice grade security, and general care. Screen just went old TV static and it's clearly wasted. Not a heat thing. I'm worried that it's a refurbished battery physically wasting something that charged the screen and shocked the rest. Mine is gone with or without charging. Talk to me guys...

baby22555

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you coolbreeze78 so much because of your post I was able to fix my son's note. Can't tell you how happy I am. I was about to buy a new note...☺

Prakash Jaiswal

Dec 30, 2017
Visit site
Many many thanks to coolbreeze88 .I m very glad ..I was suffering from this problem. Ur solution works. Now my phone becomes normal..Thank you from my heart..Love u..

Martin 2

Nov 20, 2021
Visit site
Is your battery low? Its sounds like ultra power saving mode to me (if not a software glitch). If your battery isnt low, go into settings > accessibility > vision > and see if greyscale is turned on

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot just having freakout cos I threw my phone hard at the setter so fort I lost the colour
Thanks so much
The grayscale was on thanks so much Martin

Genesis Figueroa1

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
So my phone Had nothing to do with the Gray scale in settings it actually had to do with an alarm for my bedtime set to greyscale at bedtime and and it took me 2 days to figure it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-233656_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-233656_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yeah, that's part of Digital Wellbeing, which is relatively new (I think it was introduced around 2019 or so).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante