09-19-2015 09:22 AM
39 12
tools
    I have not seen any discussions around S Health here but I am finding it really useful in measuring my heart rate, stress and looking back at the trends on how well I am doing. I don't have a supported accessory, but other than that it looks promising.

Anybody use S Health? What do you think?
    09-08-2015 04:55 PM
    I use it daily. I happen to really love it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 04:56 PM
    I actually use a lot more than I thought I would, on my note and gear S. It's a pretty good app. One of Samsung's better apps.
    digitalbreak likes this.
    09-08-2015 05:09 PM
    Use it daily as well. I find the heart rate monitor to be quite accurate.

digitalbreak and TheDonJ77 like this.
    09-08-2015 05:11 PM
    I use it every day.
    Great app.
    Much kinder to the battery than Google's Fit app.
    09-08-2015 07:11 PM
    I like how much they've improved the software experience, but I still don't use it very much (I currently have it disabled). I applaud them for making it a solid app though.

09-08-2015 08:17 PM
    I also use it daily with my Gear S...I like it a lot!
    09-08-2015 10:17 PM
    Nope.

gdgtmom likes this.
    09-08-2015 10:30 PM
    First thing I do every morning, I see if my heart is beating....

If it is, I get up, get out of bed and get on with my day.....
    09-09-2015 12:36 AM
    I use it daily

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 03:14 AM
    I use it every day. Its actually the reason I bought my Gear2 warch.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    09-09-2015 07:28 AM
    I use it occasionally for the heart rate but not really for the step counter. Since the phone is beast I don't always have it on me, making the count not 100% accurate. When I do have it on me though, the counter is very accurate. I was impressed watching it count each step while holding it and walking.
    09-09-2015 09:06 AM
    I am binging on S Health... Tracking my calories, my heart rate, my steps, my water intake, my caffeine consumption, etc, etc, etc...

I am definitely going to back off on some of the stuff I am tracking... Right now, I am simply playing with it to see what is useful...

I find calorie counting exceptionally painful and awkward... I don't think it is the S Health app's issue... It's just a difficult thing to do... Easy if you just went to a restaurant and the precise dish you ordered is in their database...not so easy if you ate something home cooked or something at a restaurant that is not in the database...

I like keeping track of my water and caffeine intake... That's easy...

I like tracking my sleep (even though the entries are manual) because it reminds me that I don't get enough sleep...

Step tracking takes no effort at all...besides making sure you are carrying your phone around, which is with me most of the time anyway... It might not be 100% accurate...it might not be terribly useful information...but it's a metric...and relatively high numbers mean more activity...relatively low numbers means I have been a slug...
    09-09-2015 09:11 AM
    S Health is the first app with a pedometer function that is gentle on battery use.
    In fact, I can't see any change since I started using the app.
    Great job Samsung!
    09-09-2015 10:36 AM
    Calorie counter is something I dont use as well. I want a tech where all I do is take a photo of the food and it should automatically calculate the calories for most of the items and the rest I could enter manually.

I am binging on S Health... Tracking my calories, my heart rate, my steps, my water intake, my caffeine consumption, etc, etc, etc...

I am definitely going to back off on some of the stuff I am tracking... Right now, I am simply playing with it to see what is useful...

I find calorie counting exceptionally painful and awkward... I don't think it is the S Health app's issue... It's just a difficult thing to do... Easy if you just went to a restaurant and the precise dish you ordered is in their database...not so easy if you ate something home cooked or something at a restaurant that is not in the database...

I like keeping track of my water and caffeine intake... That's easy...

I like tracking my sleep (even though the entries are manual) because it reminds me that I don't get enough sleep...

Step tracking takes no effort at all...besides making sure you are carrying your phone around, which is with me most of the time anyway... It might not be 100% accurate...it might not be terribly useful information...but it's a metric...and relatively high numbers mean more activity...relatively low numbers means I have been a slug...
    James8561 likes this.
    09-09-2015 10:37 AM
    I use it daily to tracking my heart rate, my steps and my weight.
    09-11-2015 09:20 AM
    I use it all the time

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-11-2015 09:27 AM
    I've been using it a lot since last year with the S5 and Note 4 but this year's version is far superior and smooth. In fact when I move to another non-Samsung phone (I've had over a dozen phones during this past year) the most I miss is S health. I end up using Google Fit and man, what a downgrade that is.

Anyway, here it's my S Health Panel so you can see what I'm currently tracking.

Do you use S Health?-screenshot_2015-09-11-10-48-37.jpg
    09-11-2015 09:55 AM
    Can S Health be used in place of Run Keeper or Map My Run? Would need it to use the GPS to map out my route, plus give me elapsed time, pace, etc.
    09-11-2015 10:09 AM
    Can S Health be used in place of Run Keeper or Map My Run? Would need it to use the GPS to map out my route, plus give me elapsed time, pace, etc.
    It has it's own Running App, but I prefer the Nike+ Running one that was suggested by the S Health App. Before I was using both Run keeper and Map My Run, using them for years, but I've found that the Nike+ is very comparable, it uses GPS to track your route, it has the voice alerts and basically most of the same features that the others have, but I like that I have it integrated in the S Health app the others can't.

Take a look at my screenshot and you'll see that I have both, but I always use the Nike one, cause if I use it, it updates both the Nike and the S Health running App stats information, if i use the S health it doesn't update the Nike one.
    09-11-2015 10:22 AM
    I just started using S health on Galaxy s6 active.

Does anyone know how to shut off the coaching audio prompt? When I'm walking or running, I don't like my phone announcing my goal! I clicked on the audio tab while in walk mode, but the "coaching" option is default to on AND it's greyed out- there's no way to shut off! i can shut off the prompts at each mile, but not the coach. Can't find answer anywhere.

Also wondering if you can upload the route map somewhere? Runkeeper auto uploads to their site, but I am not aware of an S health site.

Help?!
    09-13-2015 02:59 AM
    I just started using S health on Galaxy s6 active.

Does anyone know how to shut off the coaching audio prompt? When I'm walking or running, I don't like my phone announcing my goal! I clicked on the audio tab while in walk mode, but the "coaching" option is default to on AND it's greyed out- there's no way to shut off! i can shut off the prompts at each mile, but not the coach. Can't find answer anywhere.

Also wondering if you can upload the route map somewhere? Runkeeper auto uploads to their site, but I am not aware of an S health site.

Help?!
    When you open the S Health Running app at the top right you have More-Audio Guide, is there where you are going? In mine is available to turn Coaching on or off.

Maybe you are trying it when in use, if I'm right, just do it before any workout., when not in use.
    09-13-2015 08:13 AM
    I use it as well everyday. I just wish they would add the pedometer back to the lockscreen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 08:38 AM
    Never even opened the App.
    09-13-2015 08:39 AM
    When I check my heart rate, at the bottom of the screen, it shows a birthdate but it's not mine. Does anyone know how to change it? My DOB is correct in my Samsung account so I'm not sure why it's showing up incorrectly.

09-13-2015 09:35 AM
39 12