so i returned my note 5 32 gig yesterday and purchased a 64 brought it home and set it all up exact same way i had my 32. when i recieve a text with the screen off it lights up as it should. however its not shutting off until i touch the notification or power button. i am also looking for a list of things i can safely disable. new to android and dont want to disable too much.thank you for any and all help
    09-08-2015 05:02 PM
    so i returned my note 5 32 gig yesterday and purchased a 64 brought it home and set it all up exact same way i had my 32. when i recieve a text with the screen off it lights up as it should. however its not shutting off until i touch the notification or power button. i am also looking for a list of things i can safely disable. new to android and dont want to disable too much.thank you for any and all help
    Welcome to Android Central!

Go into system settings > display. See if there is anything in there for screen timeouts after a message is received. Regarding apps to disable, you can disable anything that is enabled via system settings > applications > sort by all. Since you are new to Android, I would suggest not disabling anything and try as much out as you can before going that route. This way you can experience the OS to it's fullest before deciding on certain apps to disable.

How are you generally liking the Android experience?
    09-08-2015 06:58 PM