I could remember someone in one of those "Hidden Features" videos for the Note 4 mentioning Developer Mode. For the life of me, I couldn't remember how I did it but I know it gave me access to some stuff that helped with screen animation/redraws etc. I just did a search on the Note 4 Forum and found it, so I tried the same method for my new Note 5 - yep, it worked! Thanks to "anon8126715" for the technique! Here's his quote from the Note 4 Forum:

"If you haven't enabled Developer Mode, you have to go to your Settings>About Phone>scroll down to "Build Number" and tap it several times (I think 7 or 8 times). If you're not sure what Developer Mode is then you probably shouldn't bother enabling it since I know some people will want it just to have it without knowing what it's for."

As he states, if you're not sure on some of the things that it enables you to touch, maybe you shouldn't do it - please don't brick your phone because I mentioned this??? As you're tapping the "Build Number", it will actually come up and tell you "You are "x" number of taps (x=3,2,1 counting down) from entering Developer Mode, so watch for that. Hope it helps some of you that feel like having that functionality - please be careful!

BTW, "anon8126715" is apparently Banned - I don't believe it has anything to do with this though!!!
    09-08-2015 05:10 PM
    You can't "brick" your phone by turning on developer mode. Turning on the dev menu really isn't a hidden feature...samsung makes it pretty well known.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Yeah that's true. Not easy bricking your phone from the developer options. Take a look here to see what the different options can do.

http://www.androidcentral.com/all-ab...eloper-options
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-08-2015 05:55 PM
    You can't "brick" your phone by turning on developer mode. Turning on the dev menu really isn't a hidden feature...samsung makes it pretty well known.
    O.K., so I shouldn't have used "Brick" but as the guy states at the end of the article in the link in Javier P's post, "Try not to break stuff, mmkay? Or break everything — either way is good! Really, some of these settings can make your phone run really, really poorly" and "Also, getting in there and tapping things for the sake of tapping them can really make bad things happen."

That's what I was trying to say, although a bit too dramatically. :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2015 08:50 AM