Not receiving Facebook push notifications

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm really annoyed, I'm not getting Facebook push notifications except for every once in a while. Last night I tried disconnecting my account and then reconnecting it, and then had my boyfriend post on my wall a few times to see if I got anything. That seemed to have worked, but now the problem is back again. Not sure if it's a problem with my phone or Facebook's end. And yes, I have tried turning notifications off and on within the app.

Last edited:

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have shutapp or doze because when I had those two installed a lot of my notifications wouldn't come through even if I white listed them.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that. I haven't had any issues since deleting the apps since I prefer to have notifications and my battery is still doing really well.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you receiving email push notifications fine? There are also a lot of problems with email push notifications.

Yes, I receive Gmail notifications just fine. It's only Facebook. And at this point, I've tried everything... I've wiped the cache partition, cleared the cache for the app itself, logged in and out, ended all active sessions within my account.. NOTHING is solving the problem.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I receive Gmail notifications just fine. It's only Facebook. And at this point, I've tried everything... I've wiped the cache partition, cleared the cache for the app itself, logged in and out, ended all active sessions within my account.. NOTHING is solving the problem.
Make sure push notifications are enabled in the account settings, not just the app settings.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. All other notifications are coming through just fine; text, Whatsapp, Gmail, Yahoo mail (stock app) and Hangouots. FB is the only app where I will rarely get a notification. All my app and account push notifications are correct.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I went to the sprint store and even the guy there couldn't figure it out. We tried everything. Guess I'm just gonna wait and see if the problem is fixed through a Facebook update or future Android update.

vocalist

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue but on my home WiFi. Facebook takes forever to load my newsfeed, comments, etc. This also seems to be happening with my email ,Fitbit, and anything that I have enabled push notifications for. If I switch over to data and turn off WiFi, I suddenly get a rush of notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34