Where is the My Files/Downloads folder (Samsung Galaxy Note 5)?

A

AC Question

Where is the My Files/Downloads folder (Samsung Galaxy Note 5)

I recently upgraded from the Galaxy Note 4 to the Note 5. On my Note 4 I had a "My Files" icon that I could easily click on to access all of my files, downloads...etc. So how do I do the same on the Note 5? I went to Storage under Device but it only showed how much space I'm using & what I have left. I recently downloaded 32 mp3s and they're under Storage/emulated/0/download (or however it shows up) but I can't find a way to get there myself. This is driving me crazy, please help!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Where is the My Files/Downloads folder (Samsung Galaxy Note 5)

My "My Files" app came in a folder named Samsung in the app drawer

belefauntes

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

My "My Files" app came in a folder named Samsung in the app drawer

What can one do if they deleted the Samsung app folder? I recently upgraded from Note 3 to Note 5, and wanted the layout to be as similar as possible. I thought "I don't need a folder with all this mess... I'll just take what I need from the app drawer." Now I don't have a Samsung folder, and I can't get the My Files app to place on my home screen, because it is not in the app drawer. It is still on my phone (found via Settings > Application Manager > All Applications), but I can't find a way to place it on my home screen or get it to show up in my app drawer.

Help?

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm still trying to figure out how you deleted it. I can't delete it, or the folder while there are icons in the folder. You didn't disable did you?

belefauntes

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how you deleted it. I can't delete it, or the folder while there are icons in the folder. You didn't disable did you?

I found it. I was having a hard time locating the Samsung folder in the app drawer. I keep everything alphabetical, and it wasn't located in the "S" section. For anyone else having this issue, the Samsung, Google, and Carrier (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, whoever) folder apps are not alphabetized with the rest of your apps in the app drawer, they are located at the beginning of the app drawer, before all other apps. I overlooked them because I was expecting them to be alphabetized with the rest of the apps.

Nevertheless, I feel the individual apps contained within these folders should be individually placed in the app drawer, as they have been in previous editions of Android and Samsung Galaxy devices. :p

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You can. Open in the all drawer, press "edit". Press on the folder to open it. Drag and drop, you're still in the app drawer. Just anywhere because later you can alphabetize it.

You can also do the reverse for apps you don't use often, or don't want to see because they're background apps. Edit. Drag one app into another, create a folder, name it. Then add apps as needed.

Posted via the *Note 5*

dj9281

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I found it. I was having a hard time locating the Samsung folder in the app drawer. I keep everything alphabetical, and it wasn't located in the "S" section. For anyone else having this issue, the Samsung, Google, and Carrier (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, whoever) folder apps are not alphabetized with the rest of your apps in the app drawer, they are located at the beginning of the app drawer, before all other apps. I overlooked them because I was expecting them to be alphabetized with the rest of the apps.

Nevertheless, I feel the individual apps contained within these folders should be individually placed in the app drawer, as they have been in previous editions of Android and Samsung Galaxy devices. :p

Does anyone know how I can find this folder in my galaxy s7? Like the exact steps from the home screen please. I've tried with no luck. Surprised how difficult this basic task is.

Thanks

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can find this folder in my galaxy s7? Like the exact steps from the home screen please. I've tried with no luck. Surprised how difficult this basic task is.

Thanks

HomeScreen>Apps Icon>Tools Icon>My Files Icon

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I was a little frustrated initially until I'd looked in the Samsung Folder after I got my Note 5, and then I opened MyFiles and there they were. Don't feel like you were the only one this tripped up at first! :)

slombyrd

May 14, 2016
Visit site

My Samsung folder, drawer or whatever it is has disappeared. My files appears only in application manager and cannot be opened from there (all it allows is to force stop). I'm sunning out of space and need to delete a bunch of downloads and files but can find no way to get to the files.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

My Samsung folder, drawer or whatever it is has disappeared. My files appears only in application manager and cannot be opened from there (all it allows is to force stop). I'm sunning out of space and need to delete a bunch of downloads and files but can find no way to get to the files.

Try to click on Apps, then click on Search (top of the screen). Type in "My Files" (without quotes) in the Search box. "My Files" should appear.

df3c

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have got a S4, and I have found the answer to the question is the following path. All the downloaded files listed in "Downloads" App is stored here in "My files":
Local storage > Device storage > Android > data > com.google.android.apps.docs > cache > projector

There is indeed a way that you can configure the path to save.

Suppose you are using App "Internet". While running "Internet", click the button on the left of HOME key, --> Settings --> Advanced --> Save content to --> Choose SD card. This way, you can find the files in a short path of "My files"

Last edited:

cosmoscarey

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out where the Samsung files were in the app drawer (at the beginning - not in correct alphabetical order). I, too, was having trouble locating them because I was seeking alphabetically and overlooked them. Thanks!