Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Looks like apple has added a stylus to their tablets. Imitation is the finest form of flattery. As an artist and designer my pen 2014 note 10.1 and Note 2,3,4 were scoffed at(by some)and years later... Note 5 still the best out there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah kinda silly on Apple's part.
If I had a $1000 to spend on a new piece of tech, it would go to a Surface Pro 3, not a giant iPhone.

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. I was quite happy with the 2048 pressure sensitive levels the Note series have me for true touch variable input. Even my old Note 8 was super with its no "batteries/charging" requirements. Truly underrated tech about to be copied by the fruit merchants.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Fingerprint lock, glass back phone and so on including speaker placement. Just saying Samsung is guilty of copying just like Apple.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So it's not actually included with the iPad, but a separate thing you purchase for $99? Wow.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont mind that the ipencil came out, lets face it you get to a point where people can say who stole what. Its the same tech market, lines and ideas will cross. I dont care for iphones, ill never own one, but i love seeing them go against the things steve jobs said!

What i think is stupid is that it is clearly a money maker. While the notes are more expensive, you are buying the package as a whole, not buying pieces.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah kinda silly on Apple's part.
If I had a $1000 to spend on a new piece of tech, it would go to a Surface Pro 3, not a giant iPhone.

My brother, biggest Apple fan in the world...said pretty much the same thing: it is an over sized iPhone and cannot replace my Macbook; at least your Pro 3 can. But hey... Once Apple sells millions... They will come out with the iPad Pro 2... And everyone will buy it all over again...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont mind that the ipencil came out, lets face it you get to a point where people can say who stole what. Its the same tech market, lines and ideas will cross. I dont care for iphones, ill never own one, but i love seeing them go against the things steve jobs said!

What i think is stupid is that it is clearly a money maker. While the notes are more expensive, you are buying the package as a whole, not buying pieces.

I am also liking them do the things Steve jobs was against. I don't own a Apple iPhone, but we can see now days not everyone was in harmony with Steve's ideas, and good for them.

And your right, ideas and technology will cross paths from each company.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Lets face it, apple has no clue what consumers want. First they make fun of large screen sizes and then adopts it into their product line. Then they make fun of the stylus and does the same.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Here comes the fanboy circle-jerk. If I had to choose between the iPad pro and the surface, I'd choose the ipad. Microsoft is a mess. Have you guys ever bought a Wacom stylus?
They're expensive.

The thing is is that each company is driving the others. One puts a technology in their phones and the others improve. It's a win win for us. Those people saying that Apple doesn't know what customers want...well, their profit margins say otherwise. Android sales say otherwise. Why do you think samsung changed the design of the s-series and the Note? How long do you think until samsung includes force-touch? Huawei already did. We're already seeing samsung pay. Fingerprint scanners. Great phone design changes. He'll even the earbuds samsung gives us are earpods. I highly recommend people stop with the Apple copying thing as it makes you hypocritical.

We win when companies drive one another.

from my smexy Note 5

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Here comes the fanboy circle-jerk. If I had to choose between the iPad pro and the surface, I'd choose the ipad. Microsoft is a mess. Have you guys ever bought a Wacom stylus?
They're expensive.

The thing is is that each company is driving the others. One puts a technology in their phones and the others improve. It's a win win for us. Those people saying that Apple doesn't know what customers want...well, their profit margins say otherwise. Android sales say otherwise. Why do you think samsung changed the design of the s-series and the Note? How long do you think until samsung includes force-touch? Huawei already did. We're already seeing samsung pay. Fingerprint scanners. Great phone design changes. He'll even the earbuds samsung gives us are earpods. I highly recommend people stop with the Apple copying thing as it makes you hypocritical.

We win when companies drive one another.

from my smexy Note 5

The Wacom stylus is a heck of a lot cheaper than apple's pencil... This is just one store that sells them... but they are cheaper elsewhere too...

http://m.target.com/p/bamboo-stylus...nlSHT1P9N462mW3iIrayknVK9JpT5VNjWwaArMi8P8HAQ

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The Wacom stylus is a heck of a lot cheaper than apple's pencil... This is just one store that sells them... but they are cheaper elsewhere too...

http://m.target.com/p/bamboo-stylus...nlSHT1P9N462mW3iIrayknVK9JpT5VNjWwaArMi8P8HAQ

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

Been using wacom tablet for the last 10 years, it will be interesting to how Apples ipencil matches up. Is the ipencil only for iPad pro or can it be used on other iPads?

dreaming of electric sheep

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Actually, Samsung Digitiser and Spen "IS". Wacom Intuos technology. Literally (Fact). I used to use Wacom tablets 10 years ago in the studio at work and is one of the reasons why I bought my Notes (phones then tablets) knowing this manufacturing fact.
And remember I did say"flattery".it is about time apple users got a better option than the terrible huge crayons for their ecosystems.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They're expensive.

from my smexy Note 5

Ummm... Samsung devices come with WACOM styluses... INCLUDED.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow