Verizon Samsung Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Was told by a rep at the Verizon store today he took training on Samsung Pay. So I think this means people on big red will get support after all?

Posted via the Android Central App

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Android Pay works on Verizon tho. I have used it a couple of times for things I dont need, lol.

eff you verizon!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking that Verizon is blocking Samsung Pay so Android Pay gets a leg up since Google purchased ISIS (SoftCard) from the carriers. May be part of the deal.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
So, if I understand this correctly, Android Pay IS Google Wallet, but with a different launch mechanism. Instead of having to launch the app, you'll just have to unlock your phone, tap the device and wala, it works. So essentially, it's the same as Google Wallet. So, VZW is going to support Android Pay, which is something more than they have done with Google Wallet over the past 2 years? Just seems silly. I'm praying they are supporting Samsung Pay. To not support it would be complete bafoonery.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Amazing people use this crap carrier just in the name of bogus best network. How can one tolerate the crap this useless carrier puts every time, block services which they have no right to do so, crap nice looking phones with the ugliest logo ever, create trouble activating phones not sold from them, put so much crap in the firmware. Other carrier coverage is plenty enough for majority of folks, they just lazy to switch over and ditch useless Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Amazing people use this crap carrier just in the name of bogus best network. How can one tolerate the crap this useless carrier puts every time, block services which they have no right to do so, crap nice looking phones with the ugliest logo ever, create trouble activating phones not sold from them, put so much crap in the firmware. Other carrier coverage is plenty enough for majority of folks, they just lazy to switch over and ditch useless Verizon.

And steal your headphones out of the box lol

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

They're the best carrier in my area, and now they are NO LONGER the most expensive, they get the best signal coverage, fastest data speeds, and I got my note 5 on Wednesday when it didn't go in sale til that Friday, I did the stupid backwards S pen thing, they replaced it no questions asked, the new phone came and the WiFi didn't work properly, they replaced it, no questions asked and even let me keep the fast charger from the 2nd phone when I got the 3rd one....so even though most of what you're saying is true, they are not that bad.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

From my experience with Verizon and predecessors over the length and wide of the US I know for a fact that Verizon is the only carrier with coverage over almost the complete country. Even the high plateau deserts of eastern OR and WA have coverage over many parts to them. So I would suggest that your opinion of "bogus coverage" is a bit over the top.
While I have had issues now and again with Verizon overall they have been a very easy company to deal with when I needed something taken care of. And also from my personal experience they are far more customer friendly than AT&T.
Does that mean I like that sometimes Verizon seems determined to do really dumb things like block useful features. No it doesn't. But over the long haul Verizon has treated far better than other carriers. And in the case of Samsung Pay, I believe it will be made available but on Verizon's schedule not ours.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
From my experience with Verizon and predecessors over the length and wide of the US I know for a fact that Verizon is the only carrier with coverage over almost the complete country. Even the high plateau deserts of eastern OR and WA have coverage over many parts to them. So I would suggest that your opinion of "bogus coverage" is a bit over the top.
While I have had issues now and again with Verizon overall they have been a very easy company to deal with when I needed something taken care of. And also from my personal experience they are far more customer friendly than AT&T.
Does that mean I like that sometimes Verizon seems determined to do really dumb things like block useful features. No it doesn't. But over the long haul Verizon has treated far better than other carriers. And in the case of Samsung Pay, I believe it will be made available but on Verizon's schedule not ours.
Why the hell should an OEM (Samsung) feature should be determined by a carrier? They shouldn't be gate keeper for that.
OK fine they have great network but just bother about network instead of messing around with phones with branding and software. Apple is the only company who knows how to treat the carriers.. Like dumb pipes.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I agree that there is no reason for Verizon to block OEM features as long as the OEM is complying with basic rules. For example the OEM should not include a feature that compromises the network. Other than that anything else should just be allowed to operate.

Because I travel, nationwide coverage is important. Tmobile has the low frequency band that almost doubles the distance from towers for LTE coverage. Verizon has been rather arrogant about customer retention. The CEO has stated that people leaving for lower prices does not matter. However if other companies can match or come close enough to matching Verizon's coverage verizon may see a mass exodus. Imagine good coverage, unlimited voice, text, and data at a reasonable price.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
They're the best carrier in my area, and now they are NO LONGER the most expensive, they get the best signal coverage, fastest data speeds, and I got my note 5 on Wednesday when it didn't go in sale til that Friday, I did the stupid backwards S pen thing, they replaced it no questions asked, the new phone came and the WiFi didn't work properly, they replaced it, no questions asked and even let me keep the fast charger from the 2nd phone when I got the 3rd one....so even though most of what you're saying is true, they are not that bad.

What's the fastest download did you get on Verizon

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
if other companies can match or come close enough to matching Verizon's coverage verizon may see a mass exodus.

A big IF. Verizon has the best coverage because they spent the most money to build the biggest network. Anyone who wants to compete with their coverage is going to have to spend similar money. And guess where they're going to get that money?

[Verizon is] the best carrier in my area, and now they are NO LONGER the most expensive

Exactly. Those are your two basic business models: gather Verizon-sized piles of money to compete with Verizon, or don't play to win -- knowing that Verizon continues to outspend everyone, and you're falling further and further behind on basic service.

Sure, having Verizon respect me and not cripple my phone would be nice. But you know what REALLY cripples my phone? When I can't use it because I have no coverage.

This is easy enough to check in your own area, btw. A number of websites show comparative maps, and other sites gather user input. In my area (Cali desert), Verizon has twice as many "best coverage" votes, but the lowest customer satisfaction rating. Sounds about right. LOL Love the coverage, no use for the company....but I want the coverage more than I want their love.

And they want my money more than they want my love. LOL We both win. LOL

This is starting to go off topic, so I'll try to bring it back around -- I really want Sammy Pay on VZW. I really do. But now that I have Android Pay, I'm not sure I care anymore, except on principle.

So, for anyone using Android Pay, are you really as hungry for Samsung Pay as you were last week?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So, for anyone using Android Pay, are you really as hungry for Samsung Pay as you were last week?

Yes, enough to leave Verizon last week and move to AT&T. In my area AT&T has made huge improvements in the last two years and their coverage is now better than Verizon's in the areas where I need and use it. Adios Verizon wish I could say it was a pleasure to know you (but it wasnt). So glad to be gone from you.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The simple reason is that Verizon invested heavily in Isis which was bought by google and will be google pay. Verizon may still own a portion of Isis but Samsung pay is a direct competitor. Verizon most likely will be making money off of Google pay so they can stop the completion on their neteork.

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, enough to leave Verizon last week and move to AT&T. In my area AT&T has made huge improvements in the last two years and their coverage is now better than Verizon's in the areas where I need and use it. .

Good for you! Believe me, I'm no Verizon pimp. I hate those guys, and I check ALL THE TIME to see if things have changed in my area. Sprint is always the one I'm watching, because I know that they really want to beat vzw, and I like how hard they compete.

In fact, right after I made my last post, I looked it up. Verizon comes in at #1 again, no surprise...but what shocked me is that Sprint at #2 (yay!) had only HALF of Verizon's score. (oops.) Verizon's score was comfortably bigger than Sprint and AT&T (#3 in local ranking) combined!!

This fits with the ongoing joke in these parts that AT&T is for people who'd rather not talk to anyone on the phone, and Sprint is for people who'd rather not own a phone at all.

But to my original question -- had you actually tried Android Pay in the last few days, discovered it was hideous, observed somebody using Samsung Pay, and found it was so wonderful that you ditched vzw for good?

Or was it just that the idea of not having Samsung Pay was enough to make you jump? Because really, my experience with Android Pay doesn't make me feel like I need something else. I'm genuinely very impressed with it, and would be surprised to hear that somebody would try it and hate it enough to change carriers.

Again, not pimping vzw, who I'd leave in a heartbeat if coverage would let me, and not meaning to be argumentative with you. Just looking for clarification, my friend.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon