Verizon Samsung Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, did not try android pay but I did use the original google wallet then Softcard. If it is via nfc then I have no interest. Too few places where it worked made it essentially pointless.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, did not try android pay but I did use the original google wallet then Softcard. If it is via nfc then I have no interest. Too few places where it worked made it essentially pointless.

It is indeed via NFC and I agree, not enough places accept it. Some places have the necessary hardware, but they don't activate the NFC part. This is what made me excited about Samsung Pay. Hopefully Verizon will be done "evaluating" it soon.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
It is indeed via NFC and I agree, not enough places accept it. Some places have the necessary hardware, but they don't activate the NFC part. This is what made me excited about Samsung Pay. Hopefully Verizon will be done "evaluating" it soon.

I started using Google wallet, and it made me start noticing the places that don't utilize NFC, even found a lot of places that straight up disable the NFC. So, I'm excited about Sammy pay, and hope VZW completes their evaluation soon too.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Maybe if we all file a complaint with the FCC that we believe that Verizon is violating Net Neutrality, then the FCC might pressure Verizon to stop blocking OEM software. https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/204231404-Open-Internet

This is an interesting assertion, albeit you might need to stretch a little to get there. I wish somebody had the time to dig in to the Net Neutrality rules/codes, determine its applicability, and put forth the good fight. You may need to look in to the Verizon 700Mhz C-Block licence and determine what the conditions were of it being granted. I'd be very interested to see what you come up with.

Although, at this point- Verizon has not blocked any apps, they just haven't stated that are still evaluating SamPay. When the app goes live, (28th), and it's not available to VZW customers, you may have an argument. Although, I suspect their will be an update that turns on the MST tech, but I could be wrong.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Amazing people use this crap carrier just in the name of bogus best network. How can one tolerate the crap this useless carrier puts every time, block services which they have no right to do so, crap nice looking phones with the ugliest logo ever, create trouble activating phones not sold from them, put so much crap in the firmware. Other carrier coverage is plenty enough for majority of folks, they just lazy to switch over and ditch useless Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Do you really think ALL PEOPLE who use Verizon are stupid. The fact is for a lot of people (me included) Verizon has the best coverage, bar none, and in some cases THE ONLY game in town. If you think Verizon customers enjoy Verizon's higher prices and poor customer service that is the price we pay to use service in our small town.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon with a grandfathered unlimited data plan so I'm happy. Verizon has the best coverage hands down across the United States.

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Some people have heard responses from their FCC Complaints. I have not heard back yet. Verizon is saying that if Samsung releases it to the app store Verizon will not block. They admitted that it was pre-installed by Samsung and that they removed it. But no reason was given.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.