New T-Mobile 65MB update

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have now my friend's S6 edge besides my Note 5 and both settings in the Default messaging app looks almost identical with the exception of having different labels on the Block messages options and the Note 5 having in the More Settings options, the Split View feature that the S6 / S6 edge don't have. But in Chat settings both are identical with same 'Share typing indications", Multimedia limit (9765MB) and Send read receipt options, plus earlier today I sent my friend a 20 seconds video of about 7MB and she received it without compression, so yes, I'm almost sure that Note 5 also got the Advance Messaging update with today's option.

BUT, with that said, I can't find a way or simply don't know how to begin a chat conversation, I mean I select my contact and there is no option for a chat or something different, and no matter what I send it always gets as just an SMS or MMS, so maybe T-Mobile hasn't turned on all features yet or I'm obviously missing something , remember, I just came back from more than a year of just using Textra, so I can't say that I'm a master on this message app, so can somebody check this and see if I'm doing something wrong?

UPDATE** - After looking online for some explanations of how this is suppose to work, I found a T-Mobile reference where it says that I needed VoLTE and wifi calling on, I understand about VoLTE but it doesn't make sense about Wifi calling.

I decided to turn it on just to see and then I got another error, it was giving me random errors connecting to Wifi Calling, when I looked at the error on Google I found somebody saying that I needed to turn on QoS on the router and then add some allowed ports. When I was ready to do it, just before I began, I noticed that it finally connected to Wifi calling, so I tried the chat with my friend, and yes, it showed the typing and message status. Then I turned off wifi calling (don't like it and don't want it on) and it still worked, so whatever was happening it got fixed without me doing anything else.

So, with that I'm now can tell you that yes, the Note 5 also got the Advance messaging update even when it doesn't show it on the Change log.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That is a lot of crap to do and then to keep WiFi calling on? I never use WiFi calling..

Yes, the Wifi calling doesn't make any sense, but if you check on T-Mobile site, it says that everywhere and for different devices, so I assumed that it was somehow needed, but like I mentioned above, right before I made the changes on my router (maybe at home don't have any issues but the one at my office has all the ports blocked) it began working. So right now I'm not even sure what was the issue and what was the fix or if it will stop working again later.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
95b83abbaa139971684d149f69bdd842.jpg

from my smexy Note 5

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
If i knew it was for video calling for the 2nd damn time i would have never downloaded it! Im never gonna use video calling its bloating the phone even more! We need a battery and wifi update asap!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that Advanced messaging would be an app by itself in addition to the pre installed messaging app. If this is something that T Mobile is doing I don't see how they would update the pre installed app.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If i knew it was for video calling for the 2nd damn time i would have never downloaded it! Im never gonna use video calling its bloating the phone even more! We need a battery and wifi update asap!

How is it bloating the phone up?

Don't expect a battery and WiFi update, this isn't some problem running through T-Mobile.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that Advanced messaging would be an app by itself in addition to the pre installed messaging app. If this is something that T Mobile is doing I don't see how they would update the pre installed app.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Because each carrier has their own tweaks on the Samsung OS and that also includes carriers having different options on messaging and other stock apps.

B Posey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
This update was to to enable Samsung Pay. I got accepted to Samsung Pay Beta and it would not let me enter my credit cards until I completed this update. BTW, Samsung Pay works flawlessly so far!!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This update was to to enable Samsung Pay. I got accepted to Samsung Pay Beta and it would not let me enter my credit cards until I completed this update. BTW, Samsung Pay works flawlessly so far!!

Yes it does, I've been on the beta for a couple of weeks now and have not had one single problem. Really really good.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance