09-10-2015 06:53 PM
34 12
tools
    Get it while it's hot

from my smexy Note 5
    geekaren likes this.
    09-10-2015 04:54 AM
    Got it when I woke up.... Anyone know what these last two updates address??
    09-10-2015 05:00 AM
    The last one was video calling. I'm not sure about this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 05:05 AM
    It looks like they fixed the ram issue I can only confirm on minimum testing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BarfingMonkey likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:03 AM
    As usual be sure to do a wipe cache partition in recovery mode. With the amount of time that it took to update the apps after the first boot and how long it took to wipe cache partition I will say that is not optional this time that you should do it.
    James8561 likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:13 AM
    I got the update this morning.

As usual be sure to do a wipe cache partition in recovery mode. With the amount of time that it took to update the apps after the first boot and how long it took to wipe cache partition I will say that is not optional this time that you should do it.
    I didn't do anything last time and I did not notice any difference.
    Anyone do this ?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-10-2015 06:36 AM
    Can't seem to pull anything. Can someone post a link to the update file..
    09-10-2015 07:42 AM
    I got the update this morning.

I didn't do anything last time and I did not notice any difference.
    Anyone do this ?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I always do a cache wipe in recovery with a small update, a complete reset with a new OS version update.
    09-10-2015 08:29 AM
    Can't seem to pull anything. Can someone post a link to the update file..
    Did you "check for updates" in "about device" on your phone? That is where you will get the update. Now it might be on Samsung site and you can connect your phone to Keis or Smart Switch and get the update.
    09-10-2015 08:31 AM
    Just got the update and it's downloading now. Anyone find any news on what this one is? I know the last one was for video calling.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 10:16 AM
    Just got my update. Looking for information on it as well.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-10-2015 10:18 AM
    I'm gonna postpone the install until someone or myself finds out what this update is. I hate installing [language removed] with just a general description

09-10-2015 10:22 AM
    Just got the update and it's downloading now. Anyone find any news on what this one is? I know the last one was for video calling.

Just got my update. Looking for information on it as well.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Check this other thread I created on the S6 forum.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...9-10-15-a.html
    TheDonJ77 and debdroid1a like this.
    09-10-2015 10:25 AM

Thanks, oh and RCS is rich communication services for those who wanted to know, like me

geekaren likes this.
    09-10-2015 10:29 AM
    I always do a cache wipe in recovery with a small update, a complete reset with a new OS version update.
    Ok, two people say it's good, I'm fine with it (especially Kelly Kearns). I'm sure I've done this before, but it's been so long, how do I do this in the Note 5? .
    09-10-2015 11:11 AM
    Ok, two people say it's good, I'm fine with it (especially Kelly Kearns). I'm sure I've done this before, but it's been so long, how do I do this in the Note 5? .
    This is what I do, since the phone is big. First I usually remove my case, but you can try it with the case.

You hold down all these buttons together, don't forget.

Turn off the phone.
    Press and hold home
    Press and hold volume up
    Press and hold power

When it boots to the menu, use the volume keys to scroll down to wipe cache partition, the power to choose it. Then when the phone comes back to the menu, use power to choose reboot.

And that is it!
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-10-2015 11:16 AM
    This is what I do, since the phone is big. First I usually remove my case, but you can try it with the case.

You hold down all these buttons together, don't forget.

Turn off the phone.
    Press and hold home
    Press and hold volume up
    Press and hold power

When it boots to the menu, use the volume keys to scroll down to wipe cache partition, the power to choose it. Then when the phone comes back to the menu, use power to choose reboot.

And that is it!
    Do you do the cache partition wipe after update is installed or before?
    09-10-2015 12:10 PM

From other articles I have read, the S6 updates are not the same as the Note 5. S6 update is a LOT bigger in size and includes Advanced messaging, where Note does not include Advanced Messaging. Advanced messaging is what I'm waiting for to get rid of using third party apps for MMS and send uncompressed images.

09-10-2015 12:43 PM
    From other articles I have read, the S6 updates are not the same as the Note 5. S6 update is a LOT bigger in size and includes Advanced messaging, where Note does not include Advanced Messaging. Advanced messaging is what I'm waiting for to get rid of using third party apps for MMS and send uncompressed images.

I have now my friend's S6 edge besides my Note 5 and both settings in the Default messaging app looks almost identical with the exception of having different labels on the Block messages options and the Note 5 having in the More Settings options, the Split View feature that the S6 / S6 edge don't have. But in Chat settings both are identical with same 'Share typing indications", Multimedia limit (9765MB) and Send read receipt options, plus earlier today I sent my friend a 20 seconds video of about 7MB and she received it without compression, so yes, I'm almost sure that Note 5 also got the Advance Messaging update with today's option.

BUT, with that said, I can't find a way or simply don't know how to begin a chat conversation, I mean I select my contact and there is no option for a chat or something different, and no matter what I send it always gets as just an SMS or MMS, so maybe T-Mobile hasn't turned on all features yet or I'm obviously missing something , remember, I just came back from more than a year of just using Textra, so I can't say that I'm a master on this message app, so can somebody check this and see if I'm doing something wrong?
    09-10-2015 12:57 PM

I just found the Change logs of both Updates and you may be right, it shows the Advance messaging on the S6/S6 edge but not in the Note 5, but again, then it doesn't make sense that both phones seem to have same settings options now, unless they were always there and the update just activates something in the background.

Galaxy S6 edge change log.

Note 5 Change log.
    09-10-2015 01:16 PM
    Do you do the cache partition wipe after update is installed or before?
    After update is installed and after it boots back up from that.
    09-10-2015 01:17 PM
    I have now my friend's S6 edge besides my Note 5 and both settings in the Default messaging app looks almost identical with the exception of having different labels on the Block messages options and the Note 5 having in the More Settings options, the Split View feature that the S6 / S6 edge don't have. But in Chat settings both are identical with same 'Share typing indications", Multimedia limit (9765MB) and Send read receipt options, plus earlier today I sent my friend a 20 seconds video of about 7MB and she received it without compression, so yes, I'm almost sure that Note 5 also got the Advance Messaging update with today's option.

BUT, with that said, I can't find a way or simply don't know how to begin a chat conversation, I mean I select my contact and there is no option for a chat or something different, and no matter what I send it always gets as just an SMS or MMS, so maybe T-Mobile hasn't turned on all features yet or I'm obviously missing something , remember, I just came back from more than a year of just using Textra, so I can't say that I'm a master on this message app, so can somebody check this and see if I'm doing something wrong?
    UPDATE** - After looking online for some explanations of how this is suppose to work, I found a T-Mobile reference where it says that I needed VoLTE and wifi calling on, I understand about VoLTE but it doesn't make sense about Wifi calling.

I decided to turn it on just to see and then I got another error, it was giving me random errors connecting to Wifi Calling, when I looked at the error on Google I found somebody saying that I needed to turn on QoS on the router and then add some allowed ports. When I was ready to do it, just before I began, I noticed that it finally connected to Wifi calling, so I tried the chat with my friend, and yes, it showed the typing and message status. Then I turned off wifi calling (don't like it and don't want it on) and it still worked, so whatever was happening it got fixed without me doing anything else.

So, with that I'm now can tell you that yes, the Note 5 also got the Advance messaging update even when it doesn't show it on the Change log.
    09-10-2015 02:07 PM
    That is a lot of crap to do and then to keep WiFi calling on? I never use WiFi calling..
    09-10-2015 02:14 PM
    That is a lot of crap to do and then to keep WiFi calling on? I never use WiFi calling..
    Yes, the Wifi calling doesn't make any sense, but if you check on T-Mobile site, it says that everywhere and for different devices, so I assumed that it was somehow needed, but like I mentioned above, right before I made the changes on my router (maybe at home don't have any issues but the one at my office has all the ports blocked) it began working. So right now I'm not even sure what was the issue and what was the fix or if it will stop working again later.
    09-10-2015 02:23 PM

from my smexy Note 5
    09-10-2015 04:41 PM
34 12