One-Handed Mode - Anyone Using It?

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was a gimmick...but after using it for a few days, the one-handed mode is a legitimate and useful feature!

Not only is it useful, it is also very convenient to enable... It is just a triple click of the home button away (if enabled, that is)...

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I use it pretty regular. I like the triple tap feature a lot better than the old swipe way!

It really is a useful feature, i use it a lot when i need to text one handed or need to scroll through my contact list.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It's not that useful for me. It's hard to triple click the button, you have to do it really fast and I keep ended up launching the camera. Also I wish you could resize the small screen because right now it's too small

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not that useful for me. It's hard to triple click the button, you have to do it really fast and I keep ended up launching the camera. Also I wish you could resize the small screen because right now it's too small

I actually turned off the camera shortcut since i don't use it. I just click the camera app.

And i agree if i could make the small screen a touch bigger it would be great for when i do use it.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Also I wish you could resize the small screen because right now it's too small

That's a great idea for a feature update. User-settable size. Ideally there would be a way to reflow/resize the text as well, since some stuff gets pretty unreadable in single handed mode when the giant screen scales down (I have my font size set pretty small to begin with though).

I'd use it more but I find that in most situations where I'm truly one-handed (like walking the dog), I'm really uncomfortable handling the Note 5 with just one hand. It so very much wants to jump out of my hand and seek pavement.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I wish the one handed feature is something like iPhone's Reachability mode. I would like it to just come down so I can access some of the buttons on the top.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was a gimmick...but after using it for a few days, the one-handed mode is a legitimate and useful feature!

Not only is it useful, it is also very convenient to enable... It is just a triple click of the home button away (if enabled, that is)...

I use it when I have my phone in 1 hand and a cup of coffee in the other, it's a very convenient and useful feature. The implementation is better in this generation note, previous notes had it, but you had to do swipe gestures instead of the triple click. My problem was with a case on, it was difficult to do the gestures. So I really appreciate the triple click.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
In previous notes you could resize it, I guess since you have the multiple page resize window feature(swipe from top corner down) on the note 5 they decided to not let you resize the 1 handed window. (my guess)

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I havn't made the jump to the Note 5 yet. You seriously cannot resize the screen in one hand mode? Why are they getting rid of so much functionality?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I havn't made the jump to the Note 5 yet. You seriously cannot resize the screen in one hand mode? Why are they getting rid of so much functionality?

Yes, another functionality on the Note 4 now no longer on the Note 5. I can list 5 others, very odd.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

That's the 1 thing I'm frustrated with Sammy about. They offered so many different features between 2012-2014 1/2 that when they finally decided to streamline TW, they didn't know which features to get rid of and thus some of the useful things they seemed to have deemed bloat and got rid of it because well.. We complained.

vixhex

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they arbitrarily decided to remove the resize option and more importantly how about the genius decision to leave off the back, home and volume buttons from the bottom of the one handed mode screen. It's unusable now. Just like how you can't choose to use an app one time to perform an action. It's basically permanently set to "always use this app" now.

It's a big time turn off and I might ditch the product line up because of all of these inconsistencies between generations.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't use it. It's too small for my "Thing" sized hands. Tried on my Note 3 but never used it for the same reason that and I don't seem to have much trouble using my Note 5 one handed in full screen mode.

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX