So I just got my note 5 the other day. Naturally I have changed ring tones and spent some time personalizing my phone. The problem I'm having is with the setting for the messages notification. For some reason when I get texts the notification I hear is what is set for the "default" notification tone even though I have something else specified under the messages notification tone. I have even tried specifying a certain tone for messages in the contacts themselves but for some reason the default tone overrides it.
    I don't know how to fix this and would really really love some advice. If you need any other info I will gladly give it.
    09-10-2015 06:11 PM
    I fixed (so far) by switching from Messages+. When I use the Samsung app it works. I can't get the Messages+ app to use the right tone. It seems that there is some conflict between the tones and Verizon's use of them. Now when I get an email/notification the correct tone plays and when I get a text message my text message notification plays. Now I know what is coming in and I don't have to get up to get my phone if it is not important (text). If anyone can post another way around I'd appreciate it as well. maybe I'm missing a check box somewhere...
    12-01-2015 12:04 PM