returning the note 5 for the iPhone 6 S Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have really given this phone a good try.

Many issues:
- Keyboard lags (wtf, with 4 gb of ram)
- Battery life is atrocious (turned off voLTE and Google scanning)
- fingerprint scanner is better but still has flaws
- TouchWiz is still awful (yes it's much lighter then before but not by much)
- taking pictures in low light is grainy
- cell standby time is too high

I can keep going on but I have to go look at which iPhone case I want, deuces

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: returning the note 5 for the iPhone 6 Saturday Plus

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, Saturday should just be S, autocorrcted S to Saturday lol

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Good riddance. The note series is for true not lovers. I of course disagree with all the above stated. My phone has been nothing excellent. Hope you have fun with your new phone.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

I don't understand these kind of posts. Are we supposed to get angry that you don't like the note 5? Beg you to stay? I really don't care what other people purchase.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Many issues:

1. You are going to have one hell of a time with custom keyboards in iOS - that is the worst experience ever.

2. Well, better stop installing/using all the apps and stop using Bluetooth to reduce battery in iPhone. - in all seriousness I find it better or the same with iPhone 6 and Note 5 battery life.

3. Touch ID is better as apps can use them but other than that, no different to me. Works flawlessly.

4. Touchwiz can be awful but you get more options. Good luck with staring just your iPhone screen with pages of app icons.

5. Here are my photos in the dark. They have come out way better than iPhone 6. Expecting iPhone 6S to be same as this Note 5 shots:
- https://instagram.com/p/69DZb0ydVv/
- https://instagram.com/p/69DS3xydVo/

6. I can't comment here as I don't know what you mean. But I can take it for your word :)

Not sure how much of a change 6S will be but I expect iPhone 7 will be a better choice..

Last edited by a moderator:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not so sure this guy is for real. Everything he mentioned is the exact opposite of what I and others have experienced with the Note 5.

I think he was always an Apple boy anyway. Sorry, not buying it.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Many issues:

I've had my note for over 2 weeks and can honestly say I've never experienced the issues you state. I don't routinely clear recent apps, I haven't turned off voLTE or Google scanning and I'm getting 16+ hours of battery life everyday. (Playing games, listening to music at the gym, WIFI & bluetooth are constantly on... etc) The camera is phenomenal, even in low light. The fingerprint scanner works a treat! Also when I first got it I heard all the cell standby horror stories but I've never experienced it causing me issues. My work phone is the iPhone 6 and while the standby battery life is awesome... try using it and like any other smart phone the battery will not make it a full day.

The point is you want this new iPhone and you're coming up with beefs to justify your decision. So not to be harsh but, BYE!

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not so sure that a couple of weeks is time enough to acclimate yourself to a new OS or phone platform change.
As many have said in other forums- the differences between IOS and Android are huge and take time to get used to.

After I had my Captivate, and then my Galaxy S3- I decided I wanted to try an Iphone. I picked up a used IPhone 4 32 gig from someone who had just upgraded to the 4S(this was over 3 yrs ago). I tried so hard to want to love the Iphone and IOS- but it wasn't to be. In the end- I gave it 6 months- but it just did not work out(for ME). YES- IOS works- once you figure out HOW to make it work. It was boring, but more importantly- it was counter-intuitive to what I learned on, coming from Android first.

I won't bash IOS- after all, many use it and like it. Its just not what I was comfortable with. as long as we have CHOICE in this world, all is well.
Chris

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Two things.
1. I don't understand why people bother posting that they are leaving one phone for another.

2. I don't understand why people reply to these posts with such anger.
When someone says the are coming to Android from the iPhone, many Android loyalists start showering them with e-kisses.
Fanboyism sucks on either side people.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Two things.
1. I don't understand why people bother posting that they are leaving one phone for another.

2. I don't understand why people reply to these posts with such anger.
When someone says the are coming to Android from the iPhone, many Android loyalists start showering them with e-kisses.
Fanboyism sucks on either side people.

Real simple... Most people don't care for folks who blatantly diss the phone (any Android for that matter) and then say that they are running back to the safety of the fruit company.

It would just be better to say that they tried it and decided it didn't work out for them. This way they're more likely to get help that would be offered freely and if that didn't help be wished good luck with their iPhone. Instead they post their snarky remarks that are bs and stand back and watch..

People are eager to help with them, not get fed crap.

It's not about people here being fanboys

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Real simple... Most people don't care for folks who blatantly diss the phone (any Android for that matter) and then say that they are running back to the safety of the fruit company.

It would just be better to say that they tried it and decided it didn't work out for them. This way they're more likely to get help that would be offered freely and if that didn't help be wished good luck with their iPhone. Instead they post their snarky remarks that are bs and stand back and watch..

People are eager to help with them, not get fed crap.

It's not about people here being fanboys

If it isn't about being a fanboy then posts like these could just be ignored instead of attacked.
Attacking someone because of their choice to leave android or a particular phone implies an personal attachment to Android or that particular phone.

I have been using android phones since the Droid 2, and I definitely prefer it over the iPhone, but android is not my child, and I much as I like my note 5, I am not insulted that someone else does not.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If it isn't about being a fanboy then posts like these could just be ignored instead of attacked.
Attacking someone because of their choice to leave android or a particular phone implies an personal attachment to Android or that particular phone.

I have been using android phones since the Droid 2, and I definitely prefer it over the iPhone, but android is not my child, and I much as I like my note 5, I am not insulted that someone else does not.

I've had Android phones since the beginning and I have been on public forums before that and it has always been this way.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as the op, but don't expect people who have this phone and know this phone who post here to see fud being spread about it.

Like I said it's not about being a fan boy, it's really about respect and just as I said to you before, had he just asked for help... help would have been given freely, instead he came looking for a fight and now is getting what he wanted.

You can choose to ignore it, report it, or move on just as anyone else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.