Use fingerprint security with any app!

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
This is awesome! I don't hide much in my phone, but I have 3 kids that could go digging where they shouldn't. This is great.

Posted via the Android Central App

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome app, my only qualm is if it would unlock 1Password with the fingerprint like on iOS. Coming in Marshmallow from understanding so I can wait. Definitely a good app to lock down mail and other items from prying eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Awesome app, my only qualm is if it would unlock 1Password with the fingerprint like on iOS. Coming in Marshmallow from understanding so I can wait. Definitely a good app to lock down mail and other items from prying eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes. With Android M we should get more support.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Works well. I locked Google play, phone contacts, and messages.

Make sure to set it as device administrator(advanced security) , so that when you try to uninstall the app , it will force lock the phone (requiring fingerprint or password uploadfromtaptalk1441989659468.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome! Thank you, the app works perfectly as if was baked into the phone by default!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Does it allow you to autologin or is it just to access the app?

From what I've seen it just accesses the app, if you have a login or passcode within the app you have to still input that after your fingerprint access is granted.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
From what I've seen it just accesses the app, if you have a login or passcode within the app you have to still input that after your fingerprint access is granted.

Yeah so it pretty much makes this app useless... Needs auto log in with finger print....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah so it pretty much makes this app useless... Needs auto log in with finger print....

You could disable security within the app, like within Google play, and use just the fingerprint app to access Google play.

Or use it to require fingerprint before making calls.

You can also set it to require fingerprint before opening youtube or whatever, so my daughter doesn't pick up my phone and start watching youtube.

It obviously isn't as useful as auto login, but for me, it does have some uses.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I don't think so. You can still protect a lot of apps. When Android M comes, you will get what you are asking for.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Most people with n5 or s6e plus worried about security already have their lock screen secured with finger print. Why in the world would anyone then want to have to use their fingerprint again just to get to were you have to enter your password for an app? It doesn't make sense to use this app unless you don't have your lock screen fingerprint locked.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Most people with n5 or s6e plus worried about security already have their lock screen secured with finger print. Why in the world would anyone then want to have to use their fingerprint again just to get to were you have to enter your password for an app? It doesn't make sense to use this app unless you don't have your lock screen fingerprint locked.

Sure. No problem. You don't have to use it. Nobody is forcing to. Some folks like it to use it.

Rizotto

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Pretty neat - but please be careful in using it, there's a few things you need to know. This is not a secure method to protect info on your phone. Your fingerprint can easily be captured.

To test this, simply pick up a glass cup and put it back down. Sprinkle some flour or baking soda on the outer edge of the glass and you should see the imprint of your fingerpints. Take a piece of clear tape and apply it to the finger printed area applying delicate pressure. Remove the tape gently and you end up with a copy of the finger print - which could be used to take a picture of or scanned.

Also, the quality of your camera impacts this - so if your camera quality is poor or one day gets smudged, you may have difficulty gaining back access to the app.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Works and I like the idea, but isn't it a solution to a problem that doesn't exist? I mean if you have a fingerprint lock on your entire phone, which I do, why is this even needed? If I set my phone down and walk away, it's set to lock automatically thus no one is going to pick it up and have access to anything.

Perhaps if you give your wife your phone and lock your photos because you have something in there you don't want her to see.......but then why give her your phone at all?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Works and I like the idea, but isn't it a solution to a problem that doesn't exist? I mean if you have a fingerprint lock on your entire phone, which I do, why is this even needed? If I set my phone down and walk away, it's set to lock automatically thus no one is going to pick it up and have access to anything.

Perhaps if you give your wife your phone and lock your photos because you have something in there you don't want her to see.......but then why give her your phone at all?

I'm thinking more along the line of when you hand your phone to your 2 or 3 year old kid or your 11 year old kid and they're playing a game or looking through something some apps you may not want them to have access to, like financial apps, photos, lists, work email, etc...