Should I upgrade to the note 5?

AverageAccountant

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
My current phone is a Samsung s5 and I love it! It has a few downsides though, which I am hoping has been fixed with the new Note 5. At least once a day when I try to unlock the phone it doesn't work and I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute and try again. The stock email application doesn't always push my emails right away. Today I switched over to the Gmail application and it has been smooth. The stock texting application sometimes gives me a headache with Apple users and sometimes with group chats.

Have you been experiencing any of the issues above?

I am going to get a new phone through work and I am tied between the Note 5 and the Apple 6+. I really enjoy Samsung, so I would like to stick with them. Reading the battery thread, some users are getting terrible battery life. With my s5 I can go all day and still have 30-45% left. I am an average user with two emails being pushed throughout the day. Also, how is the new fingerprint sensor?

Thank you for all your input!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Get the Note 5....the battery will not be as good as your s6 at first....but after a couple of "FULL" charges (from 5% to 100%)....it will fit right in to your schedule. Most batteries on my new devices don't last as long as they said, until a few full charge/discharge....along with the fact that "you will" use it more in the beginning, trying to see all its features, and doing your own comparisons.

So....my advice....GET IT ALREADY OK! :-D

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
With your S5, you have an external SD card, if that's important to you, and you can replace the battery yourself, or carry a spare (if that's important to you). With the Note 5 you gain the Note features (mostly the pen, which I wouldn't want to be without), but lose the SD card and removable battery (which I wouldn't own).

It's really a matter of which features are more important to you.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I am going to get a new phone through work and I am tied between the Note 5 and the Apple 6+. I really enjoy Samsung, so I would like to stick with them. Reading the battery thread, some users are getting terrible battery life. With my s5 I can go all day and still have 30-45% left. I am an average user with two emails being pushed throughout the day. Also, how is the new fingerprint sensor?

Thank you for all your input!

I don't have Note 5 but my brother does. Replaced his Nexus 6. He loves it. Says the best phone he ever had and that it is on a level of its own. He has no regrets. Good luck!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and got it because of the new finger print feature which is easy to set up and actually works very well and easily if you follow the set-up instruction of slightly moving your finger position on the home key each time you have it scanned during set-up.
If you use its strengths, that is the S pen and its S pen optimized TouchWiz software. Really use the multi-screen multiple running program features found in the installed apps as well as many 3rd party apps, and want the finest display available today, along with really superior camera hardware and software. I say get the Note 5.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and got it because of the new finger print feature which is easy to set up and actually works very well and easily if you follow the set-up instruction of slightly moving your finger position on the home key each time you have it scanned during set-up.
If you use its strengths, that is the S pen and its S pen optimized TouchWiz software. Really use the multi-screen multiple running program features found in the installed apps as well as many 3rd party apps, and want the finest display available today, along with really superior camera hardware and software. I say get the Note 5.

What "beh" said with a hearty "Yes"! I just went from a Note 4 to the Note 5 and I love it! Many people have said it's NOT worth upgrading from Note 4 to 5 - I did it because I was switching providers. With what I know now, I would make the switch even if I wasn't changing providers. Do it - you'll love it!

Posted via the Android Central App

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Get the Note 4! Still available, will cost less, has SD card slot and removable battery, and is an amazing phone! The Note 5 has very few new features and is nothing spectacular. It's a Samsung iPhone really.

Posted via the Android Central App

petereffendy

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 is much better than note 4. The s-pen is much better. From note 3 to note 4, the improvement was not much. But from note 4 to note 5 is huge. Almost no lag at all when you write.