Love the Note 5..HATE the keyboard (stock Samsung) !!!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Longtime SwiftKey user. Love having Cloud backup on it, and using it on multiple devices with everything synching up. Tablet and phone. I use a black keyboard with neon green outlines, suits me just fine.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm throwing in my vote for swiftkey. However, I love using my pen and the fact that I can make the stock keyboard change to the writing pad when I remove the pen is making me consider using the Samsung keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Any keyboard you download with predictive text is going to give you that warning. Google collects loads of your info already.

Posted via the Android Central App

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Well that would make sense as to why I don't hate it.

Well, that would actually make sense as to why I DO hate it!

I've been living with the Samsung keyboard (even though Google Keyboard is my favorite) for the past few days just to see if there are attributes to the Samsung keyboard that make it a great choice to use. I wondered if there were features that closely tie the keyboard into other Samsung apps. So far, I am not seeing that, but I did just discover a huge flaw.

I was an early adopter of Swiftkey, years ago, and really enjoyed the awesome prediction capabilities of that app. But, a couple of years back I noticed that while Swiftkey works great for texts and emails, if you ever try to do work in a document longer than a couples of pages, it grinds to a halt. This is an issue for me across Android phones, versions of Android OS, different word processing apps and is a well-documented bug for Swiftkey - it just doesn't work.

Along with many other hopeful Swiftkey users, we have brought this issue to their attention, and they just don't address it. To make a guess as to the problem, I'd say that their app architecture loads the entire file when it is opened, into the same cache space that the app needs to operate, making the app slower and slower - again, just a guess, but it certainly behaves this way.

So, as of tonight I am back to Google keyboard and Google Handwriting Input. I can say now that I am not missing out on anything by moving back to the Google apps, but I am gaining the ability to work in longer docs. Plus, both Google apps are faster, more accurate and easier to use than the Samsung apps.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm throwing in my vote for swiftkey. However, I love using my pen and the fact that I can make the stock keyboard change to the writing pad when I remove the pen is making me consider using the Samsung keyboard.

Strange, I can still hover and get symbol to use writing pad.
b67b0a6504a225d4218a29e9d0001b86.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is my keyboard on my note 5 but it is an international version.

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 119

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I also have dedicated number row. I have always used swiftkey but this samsung keyboard isnt bad.

Does it learn from your typing and from other apps?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Just the opposite for me. LOVE the Samsung stock keyboard. I didn't even bother downloading other keyboards after using it for the first day.
Best android keyboard ever to me.