Love the Note 5..HATE the keyboard (stock Samsung) !!!

Daaku Singh

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Any recommendations for 3rd party keyboard that feels like the iPhone 6?

I have fat fingers and find the stock samsung kb too clumsy to type , especially to unlock the phone or messaging, etc.

I like the iphone keyboard much better as it's layed out really well on the screen with plenty of spacing unlike the Samsung which is more designed for smaller hands.

Note5 on the left and iPhone 6Plus on the right for reference...
SAM_1392.jpgSAM_1393.jpg

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I have fat fingers and find the stock samsung kb too clumsy to type , especially to unlock the phone or messaging, etc.

I like the iphone keyboard much better as it's layed out really well on the screen with plenty of spacing unlike the Samsung which is more designed for smaller hands.

View attachment 196343View attachment 196344
I use the Google keyboard. It's in the play store.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 196343View attachment 196344

Swiftkey is really popular have you tried it?

Posted via the Android Central App

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Good thing about Android, you can try 100 different keyboards on the Google Play Store. Find one you like. Enjoy!!

I hate the crapple keyboard!! Its always in CAPS!! lol

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded SwiftKey myself. Thanks for the suggestion. Swiping so much easier.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Swiftkey does a brilliant job of learning ones typing patterns and word usage.

Yeah I believe Swiftkey is one of the better ones,the only reason I put up with the stock is because I like the fact I could use the Spen as soon as I take it out,and it turns into the notepad,but you're right it does a good job learning your typing habits.

Daaku Singh

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank folks ....dl'ed the Google kb but quickly deleted it when it prompted "Note all data typed will be collected...."!!!

Not saying that nowadays mobile phone has any sense of privacy but still .............

Next stop...Swiftkey.

Cheers!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been running Smart Keyboard Pro on both phones since I bought my former Note 4 in October of 2013 - didn't even try the Note 5, just downloaded it again.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
a.i.type has an ios theme. Also a great keyboard. But, I have not found a third party keyboard that will activate the s pen handwriting feature.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
The stock keyboard is good. I suggest learning to use the S pen daily. It helps with even typing. .

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android. Life in this ecosystem means never having to exist in the dreaded walled garden. Choices are endless and at your fingertips. Plus, every new technology can be had without having to be processed for years to ensure proprietary ownership and market domination. Freedom is a good thing.

Off my soapbox...
I second Google Keyboard. It's simple, elegant and is updated often.
Edit: I just noticed that Google's privacy policy was a problem for you. I understand that. It's a personal choice. However, I think most keyboards can capture key taps for recognizing patterns and improving usability.

One more thing, being new to Samsung, I've found that there are many very cool features that they bake into their apps and often interact with other Samsung apps. Between the keyboard features and all the S Pen features, I've decided to live directly within this Samsung world for a while just to see what it offers. I am amazed actually, and learning more new stuff every day.

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I use the A.I Plus keyboard. The keyboard has a lot of customization and you can select an iphone skin if you want. This is the best keyboard app there is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy