02-09-2016 06:01 PM
60 123
tools
    SwiftKey users might want to check out this week's AC podcast. They discuss Microsoft's purchase of SwiftKey, and how that means that MS can access your information.
    It would just freaking figure! Ugh!
    02-07-2016 11:50 AM
    To be honest, I use the BlackBerry PRIV keyboard on the Note 5 and it's perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'll have to check that out. Still miss my Blackberry. I have a Note 3.

More: Ok so I got the PRIV launcher/theme but don't find a keyboard? What am I missing?
    02-07-2016 11:51 AM
    I'll have to check that out. Still miss my Blackberry. I have a Note 3.

More: Ok so I got the PRIV launcher/theme but don't find a keyboard? What am I missing?
    Try going to xda-developers. Under the blackberry priv section there should be a thread about working apks. The keyboard apk should be in there. It's a separate app from the launcher.

Sorry can't post a link :/

02-07-2016 12:58 PM
    Try going to xda-developers. Under the blackberry priv section there should be a thread about working apks. The keyboard apk should be in there. It's a separate app from the launcher.

Sorry can't post a link :/

Actually the best link for the latest apks would be this:
    Working Blackberry Priv apps for any Android device [no root required] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    02-07-2016 03:57 PM
    I feel like I always have the responsibility to provide a public service announcement when the subject of Swiftkey comes up in these threads. SK certainly has it's strengths, but there is a fatal flaw at the core of the app that they have avoided addressing for years. Now MS owns them. I wonder if MS is aware.

If a SK user never types more than a couple of sentences in their favorite texting app, they will forever love their SK.

If a SK user needs to open a doc that's more an a page or two length (in Google docs, or any other word proc app), SK slows to a crawl, and then crashes. This defect has been brought to the attention of the SK dev team for years, by hundreds of users, they admit it's a defect and they never addressed it.

So, while I love SK's prediction engine, it's unusable for those of us who do more than texting on their portable devices.
    02-07-2016 04:16 PM
    Have you tried SwiftKey? It's a great keyboard that has awesome predictive text

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    02-07-2016 05:12 PM
    SwiftKey. It's the best keyboard in the play store

02-08-2016 05:21 PM
    I feel like I always have the responsibility to provide a public service announcement when the subject of Swiftkey comes up in these threads. SK certainly has it's strengths, but there is a fatal flaw at the core of the app that they have avoided addressing for years. Now MS owns them. I wonder if MS is aware.

If a SK user never types more than a couple of sentences in their favorite texting app, they will forever love their SK.

If a SK user needs to open a doc that's more an a page or two length (in Google docs, or any other word proc app), SK slows to a crawl, and then crashes. This defect has been brought to the attention of the SK dev team for years, by hundreds of users, they admit it's a defect and they never addressed it.

So, while I love SK's prediction engine, it's unusable for those of us who do more than texting on their portable devices.
    This is a good point. I've been using SwiftKey since day 1 years ago, purchased it even. But it always has lagged in docs. And now that MS owns them it will be a money focused product, just haven't found anything to replace it but I've tried all of them.
    02-08-2016 08:34 PM
    SwiftKey also and its a default keyboard on my Oneplus 2 also use it on my Note 4
    02-08-2016 08:40 PM
    I've used them all. Will stick with one for awhile, then go elsewhere. You are right when you say you can just have all kinds of fun with Android's possibilities.

Right now, I'm off of Touch-Pal and Samsung and onto Swiftkey again. Liking the latter more than I did before.

MerpsMom

Edit: I don't know where my head was but I should have referenced Swype keyboard, not Swiftkey. Tried Swiftkey and left it for Swype. LIke the new Swype a lot.

MM
    02-09-2016 06:01 PM
60 123