I didn't want to hijack other BT threads that focus on connection to Gear S products, so I started this thread.

I use BT at home daily for listening to music and netcasts. I have a couple of different BT speakers as well as the awesome Panasonic Link-to-Cell phone system for those who have dropped their home hard-wired phone lines. I also use BT constantly when I am in my car.

With my LG G2, BT connection was seamless and immediate, all the time, for years now. It connected to multiple devices as soon as I walked in the door and with my car audio as soon as I started my car.

With the N5, it always needs to be re-paired - especially at home where there are two devices waiting to pair with it as soon as I come home. It'll pair with the Panasonic phone, but when I select a speaker, the N5 disconnects from the Panasonic and then I have to re-pair with it. It will work once I spend a moment managing connections. In the car it often pares immediately, but sometimes not.

Another observation is that the N5's BT range is short, and it will drop if a line-of-sight gets interrupted momentarily.

Overall, it's usable, but not as good as my old G2. Anyone else have these issues?
    09-12-2015 06:41 AM
    Return your phone and get a new one.. I think it is a hit and miss with BT on Note. I had to get a replacement for screen issues and the new Note 5 is way better with Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 11:32 AM
    Hey Osho, thanks!

What carrier are you on?
    09-12-2015 04:43 PM
    This may be carrier-dependent. I am going to keep my N5 for now, figure out more about this BT issue and see if VZW fixes it in the next update.

Also, I have wiped the cache for both Bluetooth apps that come with the VZW N5 - that didn't help. Then, I wiped the system cache, also no dice.
    09-13-2015 08:02 AM