Wow. Article on battery charging is shocking

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Tired of these kind of expert articles already. Just use your phone the way you want and thats it. Eventually battery will need to be changed. No amount of tips or tweaking will make 1 day battery life extend to 2 days.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Tired of these kind of expert articles already. Just use your phone the way you want and thats it. Eventually battery will need to be changed. No amount of tips or tweaking will make 1 day battery life extend to 2 days.

I don't think that the article is about getting 2 days usage but on extending the overall life of the battery.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

armagidon

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to fix a battery that jumps from 20% to 0% really quickly.... Tried deleting batterystats didn't help.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
All of the information in the posted article above has been well documented and reported for at least the last 5 years. That people don't pay attention doesn't make the information shocking, though it does make something else shocking. :p

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the phone stop charging itself once it reaches 100% My phone once it reaches 100% it beeps as if it stops charging, and if I leave it on, it will beep again as if started charging, which I thought was because the battery went down to 99% and it started charging again

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Good reminder for all and a good read. All Very true.

Slower charging is better as it creates lower heat levels but I'm sure some of the newer batteries that are meant to be fast-charged have technology that accounts for it. Heat is what kills batteries, not cold.

I used to work for Panasonic and batteries are what they do very well. Our Toughbooks had/have an Eco Mode that charges them to 80% and holds there. The reason is that the last 20% creates the most heat. The last 20% can be charged in less than 30 minutes. Using this makes a HUGE Difference. I have a 2007 laptop that still lasts 8hrs on the original battery because of this. Most laptop batteries don't last that long.

Even Maha batteries for my rechargeable system including tons of photography gear, suggest using low and slow charging. Not only is it better for the battery life but you'll get a deeper longer lasting charge.

Ironically as I post this my phone is at 81% and going strong. One thing I love about the Note 5 is the wireless charging so I can now effortlessly and easily just set it down for short burst of charging while at my desk at home or the office. I tend to charge it overnight to 100% but then during the day I like to keep it in the 50-80% range. This way if I head out for a long night, I can bump it to 75-100% range easily as I shower/get ready.