The Note 5 is my first Note. I briefly tried a Note 4 last year and I recall a feature where a web page image could be clipped and saved, but the link to that image was somehow embedded in the photo as a link. My memory is that you could have a scrapbook full of photos and if you touched them, it would take you back to the original page so you could see the accompanying text like a recipe for example. When I clip the photo now, it is just a photo with no content.

I can't figure out how to do this on the Note 5. Did the feature, get removed, am I remembering incorrectly, or am I doing something wrong?
    Vagrant_1 likes this.
    09-12-2015 08:15 PM
    I'm guessing you're remembering incorrectly - I just traded my Note 4 for a Note 5. I did some "smart select"4 clips with my 4 and used them later from the scrapbook but don't remember being able to get back to the original source page from the clips!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 11:05 PM
    Did you download all the extras? Is possible that's where this option is because I just tried it and it worked.

I opened the basic Internet, found a site, clipped it and saved it in scrapbook and since Chrome is my default, it opened the Web page in there. I was even able to just open the site by pressing the clip with my finger.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    quangtran1, jimd1050 and orangeman like this.
    09-13-2015 07:58 AM
    ^^^
    If it's saved in the scrapbook (not gallery), it will retain the original Web link.
    09-13-2015 08:14 AM
    ^^^
    If it's saved in the scrapbook (not gallery), it will retain the original Web link.
    Thank you, I am very glad to know this still exists. Can you please share exactly how you do it? I just saved 8 photos to scrapbook and only 1 retained the original web link. The rest said "no content" . There must be some technique, like highlighting the surrounding words or something. I can't quite figure out what the key thing is. It definitely can be done, I just haven't figured out how to do it every time.
    09-13-2015 09:05 AM
    Thank you, I am very glad to know this still exists. Can you please share exactly how you do it? I just saved 8 photos to scrapbook and only 1 retained the original web link. The rest said "no content" . There must be some technique, like highlighting the surrounding words or something. I can't quite figure out what the key thing is. It definitely can be done, I just haven't figured out how to do it every time.
    Hi, I don't do anything different than what @debdroid1a posted in #3.
    - While surfing a Web site, I select Smart Select.
    - Select the area I wish to clip with the pen.
    - Save to Samsung Scrapbook.
    Then later on, I can access that clipping, tap it, and the original associated Web page comes up in Chrome.
    I have over 50 clips and they all work.
    orangeman likes this.
    09-13-2015 09:16 AM
    debdroid1a and quangtran1, thanks so much for your help. Both of your descriptions helped me to figure out my problem. My default browser is the HTC browser that I brought over because it does text reflow. That browser understandably doesn't respond to the clipping. If I make the clip in the standard browser or Chrome, it will open in my default HTC browser just fine. It just can't originate from the HTC browser.

My case is unique but maybe others can learn from it if they are using an unusual browser and try to do the clipping. Now I can get it to work every time. Thanks again!
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-13-2015 09:49 AM
    debdroid1a and quangtran1, thanks so much for your help. Both of your descriptions helped me to figure out my problem. My default browser is the HTC browser that I brought over because it does text reflow. That browser understandably doesn't respond to the clipping. If I make the clip in the standard browser or Chrome, it will open in my default HTC browser just fine. It just can't originate from the HTC browser.

My case is unique but maybe others can learn from it if they are using an unusual browser and try to do the clipping. Now I can get it to work every time. Thanks again!
    That's good to know. I'm always glad to see users take time to diagnose their problems, instead of blaming the phone manufacturers. Thanks for sharing your finding.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-13-2015 10:46 AM
    Did you download all the extras? Is possible that's where this option is because I just tried it and it worked.

I opened the basic Internet, found a site, clipped it and saved it in scrapbook and since Chrome is my default, it opened the Web page in there. I was even able to just open the site by pressing the clip with my finger.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Slick... thanks Deb!
    09-13-2015 04:12 PM
    The Note 5 is my first Note. I briefly tried a Note 4 last year and I recall a feature where a web page image could be clipped and saved, but the link to that image was somehow embedded in the photo as a link. My memory is that you could have a scrapbook full of photos and if you touched them, it would take you back to the original page so you could see the accompanying text like a recipe for example. When I clip the photo now, it is just a photo with no content.

I can't figure out how to do this on the Note 5. Did the feature, get removed, am I remembering incorrectly, or am I doing something wrong?
    What I can't figure out is on the note 4 I could smart select text from anywhere and a "T" would pop up if I only wanted to extract the text and copy to clipboard. I do not see this anywhere on note 5. I hope they didn't remove such a great feature

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 09:18 PM
    What I can't figure out is on the note 4 I could smart select text from anywhere and a "T" would pop up if I only wanted to extract the text and copy to clipboard. I do not see this anywhere on note 5. I hope they didn't remove such a great feature

I too miss that great feature! I tried downloading the extension pack in s-note hoping it would enable the feature but no luck....
    Vagrant_1 likes this.
    09-14-2015 07:33 AM
    I too miss that great feature! I tried downloading the extension pack in s-note hoping it would enable the feature but no luck....
    Well that's real dumb of them to remove that feature. I don't understand the reasoning for crippling the S-Pen features. That's just f#$*+n' great Sammy. Upgrade to a downgrade in few areas

09-14-2015 10:13 AM

So, did you find it? is it a hidden feature?
    My Note 4 just got upgraded to marshmallow (6.0.1), and now that feature gone.... or unseen.. and I've been up all night trying to find it / enable it... Some suggest to use Optical Reader, but I thing I prefer that "T" one...
    So, is it still there?
    06-16-2016 04:05 PM