05-22-2016 07:32 AM
68 123
tools
    I didn't go for tempered glass this time.I got the Tech 21 self healing screen protector instead.
    eljeffe58 likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:34 PM
    Passed by a Zagg kiosk at the mall and after talking with the rep about the Halo effect I decided to give the glass protector a go. So far no Halo and I hope it stays this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A
    10-10-2015 01:22 PM
    How do you like your Tech 21 self-healing doctor?
    10-22-2015 05:40 PM
    So when you do the zagg you don't do a case. Right?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2015 08:31 PM
    So when you do the zagg you don't do a case. Right?

Posted via the Android Central App
    rocking Zagg glass protector(from Verizon store) AND Otterbox Defender at the same time.
    zmann and wdfrancis58 like this.
    10-22-2015 09:16 PM
    I have the Zagg HD Glass from Best Buy installed. The installer didn't do a great job, I had to reinstall it. It has to be perfect to not have a Halo, but after the several attempts it is on perfect. No halo. It does have the UV Light Eye Guard which makes it have a blue glow in the sunlight.
    11-24-2015 08:34 AM
    Are the dimensions of the att and sprint variant of the note 5 different? Igot a zagg from sprint and either guy put it on crooked to where the screen protector doesn't cover the left side of the screen or my att note size is different . I didn't notice it until I left the store. The guy also didn't give me my receipt or the zagg box. I want to take it off and try to reapply, but I don't want to ruin it. I probably could have gotten a replacement if I had the darn box or receipt .
    11-24-2015 05:01 PM
    Are the dimensions of the att and sprint variant of the note 5 different? Igot a zagg from sprint and either guy put it on crooked to where the screen protector doesn't cover the left side of the screen or my att note size is different . I didn't notice it until I left the store. The guy also didn't give me my receipt or the zagg box. I want to take it off and try to reapply, but I don't want to ruin it. I probably could have gotten a replacement if I had the darn box or receipt .
    I would go back to that store and have them replace it.
    11-24-2015 05:27 PM
    I would go back to that store and have them replace it.
    I was going to try that but I don't want them to try to give me a hard time. It's been a few weeks since I bought it.
    11-24-2015 05:43 PM
    When you go to the ZAGG website to register it all its asks is where you bought it, when, and which one. As long as you know those you don't need a receipt or box.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    11-24-2015 07:03 PM
    I have had a ZAGG purchased at the Mall Kiosk since day 1 in August. other than cracking it one time and getting them to install another for $10, it has been flawless with zero halo.

I have used both a Verus case as well as a Diztronics TPU with no issues.
    11-25-2015 07:05 AM
    I have the Zagg HDX installed on the front and back of my Note 5. No issues. I'm under the impression that the HDX is tougher than the glass screen protector. That's why I had it installed. No halo issues whatsoever.
    11-25-2015 08:03 AM
    Hi. Can you tell how exactly u fixed the adhesive gap using a hair dryer?? I have the same issue. No halo but a tiny adhesive gap on both edges
    04-13-2016 10:19 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4676731

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    I have the same adhesive gap. How exactly did you fix it with a hairdryer??
    04-13-2016 10:21 AM
    I have the same adhesive gap. How exactly did you fix it with a hairdryer??
    I didn't use a hair dryer. I used scotch tape, stretched so the halo dissappears. Let it sit overnight and remove the tape, and halo was gone
    04-14-2016 04:09 AM
    I didn't use a hair dryer. I used scotch tape, stretched so the halo dissappears. Let it sit overnight and remove the tape, and halo was gone
    Well I gave up and installed a plastic screen protector...less protection but
    no more halo...
    04-14-2016 09:29 AM
    Well I gave up and installed a plastic screen protector...less protection but
    no more halo...
    Don't feel bad at all. After buying many of the top tempered glass protectors I just abandoned the idea. If it wasn't an ugly halo, it was the "look" of tempered glass on my N5. For me, I can see the glass protector from a few feet away and just don't like the look.

A good film protector provides a level of protection that has served me well for many years now on all of my family's phones, it's virtually invisible close up or at a distance, and the feel with my finger or S Pen is great.
    04-14-2016 10:23 AM
    I have the zagg glass protector and it fits perfectly with no halo or "adhesive gaps" . The guy at the AT&T store really did an awesome job. And for some odd reason I think my phone looks better with the screen protector. I don't know why. But a screen protector and case enhances the look of it. I haven't always thought this. But I do now.
    05-22-2016 07:32 AM
68 123