ZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Jetech from Amazon and put it on perfectly but got the.Halo effect. Stay clear from this brand. I' ll keep it on until i get.sick.of it. Terrible product!

Posted via the Android Central App

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Installed the Zagg Glass today on my black Note 5 and I'm happy to report that I have no halos at all. I did have some stubborn bubbles that took a while to press out but everything came out prefect (except my sore thumbs). The is the Zagg Glass I purchased from Verizon and is the Full Screen Coverage Version. :)
Here are a few pictures.

View attachment 196548

Do you have the "part number" or bar-code for this - there appears to be multiple Zagg Invisible Shield tempered glass protective covers.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Yea one of the reps at best buy said the same thing about the Zagg glass screen protectors being different sizes. He said it was hit or miss with putting them on. U can't tell until u put it on. My thing with Verizon is that they have their own glass protector. Why aren't they selling that one? I have never had an issue with the Verizon one on any of my other phones.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

I need to update what I said. All three of the Zagg Glass protector that I bought directly from Verizon corporate stored were 99% halo free in the beginning... unfortunately, it's been 1 to 2 weeks since I installed them. Now ALL of them have halos all around. I will be returning two of them to the Verizon store this afternoon. (the 1st one is beyond the 14-day return period already)

Will be trying the Spigen PET film protector that everyone seems to be raving about on XDA and AndroidCentral... guess there really is no hope for the 100% halo-free glass protector for the Note 5 at this point. I should know, I have tried 11 different brands on my 3 Note 5 phones.... thought the Zagg was perfect, until the halo appeared much later. :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My $1 tempered glass screen protector is still halo free...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I can vouch for the Zagg Invisible Shield "glass" from a Verizon Corporate Store in my area. This is not the "hd" glass. Non corporate Verizon stores in my area sent me to Best Buy.

I have 2 near perfect installs. No Halo. Adhesive on the edge (not Halo, very short gap in adhesive) was thin for a very short stretch (1-2mm) on each install in different areas. Rectified with a hair blower. The area in question is so minor I would have to do a close inspection to see if the adhesive doesn't stay stuck. Lifetime warranty if it doesn't.

r3MwCn0q.jpg

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I need to update what I said. All three of the Zagg Glass protector that I bought directly from Verizon corporate stored were 99% halo free in the beginning... unfortunately, it's been 1 to 2 weeks since I installed them. Now ALL of them have halos all around. I will be returning two of them to the Verizon store this afternoon. (the 1st one is beyond the 14-day return period already)

Will be trying the Spigen PET film protector that everyone seems to be raving about on XDA and AndroidCentral... guess there really is no hope for the 100% halo-free glass protector for the Note 5 at this point. I should know, I have tried 11 different brands on my 3 Note 5 phones.... thought the Zagg was perfect, until the halo appeared much later. :(

Damn! At least u got a couple of weeks! On my phone the halo effect appeared the very next day after it was applied. When I ordered my cases from Amazon I also ordered a tempered glass screen protector. It was only $4.99. It arrives on Thursday. Hopefully I have better luck with this one!

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

dona_iguana

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey that looks great! I've had zero luck with a tempered glass screen protector for the note 5. Is it some kind of a manufacturer screw up?? If an iPhone 6 can have a tempered glass without halo (and those have a more curved screen) then there's no reason why it shouldn't work on note 5. It's driving me crazy. I have a zagg coming to my house soon that I ordered online from verizon. I'm really hoping for the best. Any tips to get results like yours?? I would hate to have this fail again for the third time and the hassle of returns. Thanks.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Passed by a Zagg kiosk at the mall and after talking with the rep about the Halo effect I decided to give the glass protector a go. So far no Halo and I hope it stays this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A

poison469

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the Zagg HD Glass from Best Buy installed. The installer didn't do a great job, I had to reinstall it. It has to be perfect to not have a Halo, but after the several attempts it is on perfect. No halo. It does have the UV Light Eye Guard which makes it have a blue glow in the sunlight.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are the dimensions of the att and sprint variant of the note 5 different? Igot a zagg from sprint and either guy put it on crooked to where the screen protector doesn't cover the left side of the screen or my att note size is different . I didn't notice it until I left the store. The guy also didn't give me my receipt or the zagg box. I want to take it off and try to reapply, but I don't want to ruin it. I probably could have gotten a replacement if I had the darn box or receipt .

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Are the dimensions of the att and sprint variant of the note 5 different? Igot a zagg from sprint and either guy put it on crooked to where the screen protector doesn't cover the left side of the screen or my att note size is different . I didn't notice it until I left the store. The guy also didn't give me my receipt or the zagg box. I want to take it off and try to reapply, but I don't want to ruin it. I probably could have gotten a replacement if I had the darn box or receipt .

I would go back to that store and have them replace it.

pbickel

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
When you go to the ZAGG website to register it all its asks is where you bought it, when, and which one. As long as you know those you don't need a receipt or box.