05-22-2016 07:32 AM
68 123
tools
    Installed the Zagg Glass today on my black Note 5 and I'm happy to report that I have no halos at all. I did have some stubborn bubbles that took a while to press out but everything came out prefect (except my sore thumbs). The is the Zagg Glass I purchased from Verizon and is the Full Screen Coverage Version.
    Here are a few pictures.

ZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg01.jpgZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg02.jpgZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg03.jpgZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg04.jpgZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg05.jpgZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg06.jpgZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-zagg07.jpg
    09-13-2015 12:47 PM
    ^Very nice. Looks great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-13-2015 01:08 PM
    ^ this guy knows who the best eagles player was!!! FLY EAGLES FLY

Now on to the topic lol... I bought a zagg HD glass from best buy and it made my screen look blue

Posted via the Android Central App
    Technified, ramiss and ehosey2 like this.
    09-13-2015 01:29 PM
    Does the Best Buy one also state full screen coverage on the box?
    09-13-2015 01:43 PM
    Wow it does look great. ..I bought from Amazon Jetech for $7

It is Tempered glass

And I think I have a halo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 02:29 PM
    have my Zagg on since first day,, no halo, looks awesome.

Note 5 is DOPE
    09-13-2015 03:09 PM
    Wow it does look great. ..I bought from Amazon Jetech for $7

It is Tempered glass

And I think I have a halo
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...aca84410c6.jpg

You definitely have a halo, but it's also not even close to being installed correctly, which can cause the halo.
    BarfingMonkey likes this.
    09-13-2015 04:32 PM
    I have the Best Buy Zagg HD glass and it has the blue tint. I bought an amFilm but haven't installed it yet. Maybe the regular glass one does not have the blue tint.

Sent from my many devices using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 04:52 PM
    You definitely have a halo, but it's also not even close to being installed correctly, which can cause the halo.
    Really? Not installed correctly? The instructions on the box were terrible, I could not even find a YouTube video on it.

Believe it or not these are the only instructions on the box with the smallest font ever!!!

How do I fix it?

09-13-2015 05:26 PM
    I believe he's talking about how crooked it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 05:37 PM
    I believe he's talking about how crooked it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This.
    09-13-2015 06:17 PM
    Really? Not installed correctly? The instructions on the box were terrible, I could not even find a YouTube video on it.

Believe it or not these are the only instructions on the box with the smallest font ever!!!

How do I fix it?

You are going to need a new glass protector. I don't believe you will be able to fix this one.
    I have installed a ton of tempered glass protectors and I like the Zagg's the best. They have the little tabs on the protector to help align it during the installation. Try the Zagg, it comes with a lifetime guarantee.
    zmann, pmendoza502 and Carlo Villa like this.
    09-13-2015 06:59 PM
    Ok I guess you get what you pay for

09-13-2015 07:01 PM
    Installed the Zagg Glass today on my black Note 5 and I'm happy to report that I have no halos at all. I did have some stubborn bubbles that took a while to press out but everything came out prefect (except my sore thumbs). The is the Zagg Glass I purchased from Verizon and is the Full Screen Coverage Version.
    Here are a few pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg01.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	424.2 KB 
ID:	196543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg02.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	509.7 KB 
ID:	196544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg03.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	591.8 KB 
ID:	196545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg04.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	700.1 KB 
ID:	196546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg05.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	373.4 KB 
ID:	196547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg06.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	744.0 KB 
ID:	196548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagg07.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	196561
    Do you use this in addition to a case or just the Tempered Glass Screen Protector?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 08:28 PM
    Yes, It will go straight into an Otterbox Commuter. I'm letting it sit overnight before putting it in the case. I worry about the cases pulling up the protector as it's so close to the edges.
    09-13-2015 08:54 PM
    Ok I guess you get what you pay for

Carlo, I heard that if you go into Best Buy and apply for a Credit Card that you will get 50% off an item.
    Even it the application is denied. You might be able to get the Zagg pretty cheap this way. Just get the clear one and not the one with the UV Blue tint light deal.

Another Best Buy discount if to go by the Post Office and ask for a couple change of address packs. They have a Best Buy 10% off any one item in the store in these movers packs.
    09-13-2015 08:58 PM
    You did a great job BTW! But why does everyone think the Note 5 and other S6 look great! It looks just like my Note 3 black from the front! And is losing the microSD and removable battery really worth the same phone?! 75% of us put our phones in cases so who cares what it looks like?! Samsung is NOT Apple where they cut out the back in a circle on cases to show the Apple logo!
    pmendoza502 likes this.
    09-14-2015 02:08 AM
    Carlo, I heard that if you go into Best Buy and apply for a Credit Card that you will get 50% off an item.
    Even it the application is denied. You might be able to get the Zagg pretty cheap this way. Just get the clear one and not the one with the UV Blue tint light deal.

Another Best Buy discount if to go by the Post Office and ask for a couple change of address packs. They have a Best Buy 10% off any one item in the store in these movers packs.
    Get the movers coupon for 10% but don't go applying for credit cards just to save $20 on a screen protector...
    09-14-2015 10:02 AM
    UPDATE: The Otterbox commuter case causes the Zagg glass to peel up in certain areas when you put on the outer shell.
    I guess this glass is not "Case Friendly" like past Zagg glass offerings.
    I have a UAG case coming but until then I can't use the commuter. I hope the UAG has a thinner lip?
    Just a heads up as I don't know if this "Full Screen Coverage" glass will play nice with any case.

This sucks.
    09-14-2015 05:46 PM
    UPDATE: The Otterbox commuter case causes the Zagg glass to peel up in certain areas when you put on the outer shell.
    I have a UAG case coming but until then I can't use the commuter. I hope the UAG has a thinner lip?
    Just a heads up as I don't know if this "Full Screen Coverage" glass will play nice with any case.

This sucks.
    My Zagg works great with the UAG. I have the Best Buy Zagg and it has that blue tint. It's labeled as "HD glass". I might have to hit Verizon to get that one as I heard it does not have a blue tint.

Sent from my many devices using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 12:15 AM

This sucks.
    I think a lot of the reason is because of the teeny tiny side bezel on the new Note 5... With a larger bezel, the screen protector doesn't rub against the screen protector... Do you think this is what is causing the peeling up is the excessive contact on the sides?

I think it is going to be difficult to find a case with minimal "lip" so that it doesn't' come in contact and push the sides of the protector... I know my current Ringke SLIM will do just fine with a tempered glass protector... My case has no lip at all...
    09-15-2015 12:26 AM
    For what it's worth the Zaggs are great but their QC is horrific. I recently left best buy and have installed hundreds of these. You can get it perfect and there is still a chance it will halo or develop bubbles in the center. I believe this is due to the difficulty of applying the adhesive to the backside of the glass in a flat and uniform manner. The next issue is the stamping process which likely deforms the adhesive around the edges when the die cuts the screen. Thicker deposits or low spots in the adhesive will cause the bubbling. Bubble lines make it apparent where the adhesive sheets meet. This was very common for iphone 6 screens where we would see lines running vertically and horizontally and intersecting in the upper right and corner of the face. I'd say around 30-40% of the screens we receive have these problem for all models. We sent back an insane amount for write-off. Some haloing can be removed by just working at it for a few days. Rub it enough and the adhesive will flatten out and eventually stick. Some screens are a lost cause.

tldr:
    It's not wise to buy a zagg without having a retailer install it for you. Don't pay for anything that isn't perfect because it might take a couple shields to get one that's not defective. Pray you get an installer that actually knows what they're doing.
    09-28-2015 10:37 AM
    I think a lot of the reason is because of the teeny tiny side bezel on the new Note 5... With a larger bezel, the screen protector doesn't rub against the screen protector... Do you think this is what is causing the peeling up is the excessive contact on the sides?

I think it is going to be difficult to find a case with minimal "lip" so that it doesn't' come in contact and push the sides of the protector... I know my current Ringke SLIM will do just fine with a tempered glass protector... My case has no lip at all...
    The problem I had with the Commuter was up by the top speaker. Took a nail file and sanded the silicone lip of the Commuter and it fits perfect now.
    09-28-2015 03:08 PM
    Bought this from best buy and has a horrible halo. Definitely gonna return!
    Attached Thumbnails ZAGG Glass for Note 5 = Halo Free !-1443891263390.jpg  
    10-03-2015 11:55 AM
    Bought this from best buy and has a horrible halo. Definitely gonna return!
    People who bought the Zagg Glass protectors directly from Verizon corporate stores are not reporting any halos.... I suspect Best Buy's version is slightly different and causes halo.
    10-03-2015 02:33 PM
68 123