Ex BB10 users

pmccartney

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The hub was just a cluster**** in my opinion. I get a lot of emails and I didn't want them with my text messages and other updates. I like android because it groups up notifications and I can expand them if I want. Also the android notifications that happen up top is more convenient than peek

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

You could turn on/off the things you wanted in the Hub. If you didn't want texts amongst your email you just hide the text client.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You could turn on/off the things you wanted in the Hub. If you didn't want texts amongst your email you just hide the text client.

In my opinion it would completely nullify the objective of the hub though. I respect those that like it, it's a neat idea but it's not for everyone.

One thing I wish they would have enacted is when you received a notification and you could angle the phone such that more and more information about the notification appeared on your lockscreen.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion it would completely nullify the objective of the hub though. I respect those that like it, it's a neat idea but it's not for everyone.

One thing I wish they would have enacted is when you received a notification and you could angle the phone such that more and more information about the notification appeared on your lockscreen.

There's an app for that, "Tilt" . Although didn't TAT come up with that type of concept, anyone? I think they did.

36dbldz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

i think the hub is one of their best features, iif the venice has a version of that....its a win win to me

GLOBALceo

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I just switched to the Note 5, and I like it but miss the bb10 experience. Has anyone found out how to move everything from Remember to an app on the Note?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to the Note 5, and I like it but miss the bb10 experience. Has anyone found out how to move everything from Remember to an app on the Note?

Is there an export option from Remember? Or maybe even some type of sync option?

Prime reason I use Evernote; available on ALL devices, computers, etc.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the q10.. and converted to lg g2.. i tried going back to my q10 and its like WHYYYYYYYYY. Now im all android

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
BlackBerry user from the Pearl to the Z10, then back in May I got myself a G3 and it instantly became my daily driver. Oddly the thing I miss most is Active Frames, I can't seem to find comparable widgets. I have widgets, via Zooper Pro, but they're... lacking something.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
The hub was just a cluster**** in my opinion. I get a lot of emails and I didn't want them with my text messages and other updates. I like android because it groups up notifications and I can expand them if I want. Also the android notifications that happen up top is more convenient than peek

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

This is like buying a vanilla ice cream, getting mad because you like chocolate, refusing to put chocolate syrup on it (because BB had apps to do what you want) then buying a chocolate ice cream and saying the vanilla was a "cluster**** in my opinion."

You are entitled to whatever opinion you want but calling the hub a cluster for doing exactly what it is supposed to do, just because you didn't want that feature, is pretty silly.

For the record the last blackberry I owned was in 2006..... but I recognize that the hub is great for people that want their messages in one inbox.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This is like buying a vanilla ice cream, getting mad because you like chocolate, refusing to put chocolate syrup on it (because BB had apps to do what you want) then buying a chocolate ice cream and saying the vanilla was a "cluster**** in my opinion."

Actually, no. It's called trying something new instead of pre-judging it. I had no opinion on it before but after using it while I had my Z10, I made my opinion of it.

You are entitled to whatever opinion you want but calling the hub a cluster for doing exactly what it is supposed to do, just because you didn't want that feature, is pretty silly.

No it isn't. As I have said, people are allowed to form opinions on features what they believe might be useful. Pre-judging is pretty silly.

For the record the last blackberry I owned was in 2006..... but I recognize that the hub is great for people that want their messages in one inbox.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got my popcorn ready ;)

On a serious note, I do like it when someone has tried a device, prior to speaking about, or sharing an opinion on it.
Anyway, anyone else move from BB10 to a Note?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I just converted from q10 to note 5. Nice device, but need to compremise on email checkin (a.k.a no hub)

My exchange account is using stock email client, need several additional steps to mark read for bunch of emails. No shortcut for this ?

I know outlook has some swipe feature to mark as read and delete (i use outlook for my gmail since gmail client has some real time push , at least for me)

And contact/phone in android is nightmare for me. My phonebook should sync from exchange for my work contact and google for my personel contact. Somehow this mixed and duplicate all my contact in a big messed up.

Apart from email and contact, I have no complaint for now

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the Outlook app, is will AUTOMATICALLY show ALL your Contacts when you go to create a new email.
They are not 'truly' merged together. The Outlook app basically allows one to see all Contacts. This is a new feature within the past few months...

I just converted from q10 to note 5. Nice device, but need to compremise on email checkin (a.k.a no hub)

My exchange account is using stock email client, need several additional steps to mark read for bunch of emails. No shortcut for this ?

I know outlook has some swipe feature to mark as read and delete (i use outlook for my gmail since gmail client has some real time push , at least for me)

And contact/phone in android is nightmare for me. My phonebook should sync from exchange for my work contact and google for my personel contact. Somehow this mixed and duplicate all my contact in a big messed up.

Apart from email and contact, I have no complaint for now

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I was with BlackBerry since 2008....my last bb was the z30....upgraded to the LG G3 and haven't looked back

Posted on my LG G3 via the Android Central App

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been carrying around a plus and a passport for the last year. Love them both. I saw the gold note on a commercial and decided to give android a try. MISS THE HUB :-( but....this is kind of fun. And it feels WONDERFUL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech