1. Rick F1's Avatar
    Gentleman,

    I am having the following problems with my note 5.

    1. I go to the Home Screen. Press the Messages Icon(I am using default theme)instead of showing the list of Messages by Telephone Number. It instead going inside any Random Message in there and opens it automatically. Meaning it goes directly inside a message, then I have to press Back to see the list. this happens about 80% of the time. the other 20% it displays the normal list like its supposed to.

    2. the same issue occurs with the Email Icon, I touch it and it takes me inside any Random email. same behavior as number 1. this happens about 80% of the time. the other 20% it displays the normal list like its supposed to.

    3. I put my phone to charge, the screen light up, this is normal OK. after I wake up in the morning the screen is lit up. I am worried that this is going to make the screen last way less.


    If anyone is experiencing the same issues or knows how to fix it, Please let me know
    Thank you,
    09-14-2015 05:59 AM
  2. jneusch's Avatar
    For 1 and 2 my guess is that you are hitting the home button after reading an email or message rather than using the back button to take you back to the main menu before exiting. I've noticed the same type of behavior and it doesn't do it when I back out to the main menu before hitting the home button.

    Not sure about 3.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-14-2015 06:23 AM
  3. Mariah Richardson's Avatar
    I have this same issue! I think it's an OS bug. I'll go to my messages and a random text thread will be open. As for 3, go to developer options and turn off "stay awake" that keeps the screen lit while charging. I just recently turned mine off because I didn't like that one night it was on all night.
    09-14-2015 06:26 AM
  4. Rick F1's Avatar
    Jneush. no I am looking at the list of messages and I press Home, then I go back in and it goes directly into a message this happens for email and text messages as well.
    Mariah yes this Fixed the screen staying on. Thank you.
    09-14-2015 06:36 AM
  5. erasat's Avatar
    Try going into Settings-Storage and clear Cached Data, then turn off your phone and Press and Hold Home, Volume Up and Power Buttons until you see the Android Robot, once in Recovery Mode, browse using Volume keys and select using Power button. Do a Wipe cache partition and then reboot.

    See if it gets better.
    09-14-2015 07:01 AM
  6. bassplayrguy's Avatar
    If you are in a txt message thread and hit the home button to leave the messenger app and then go into the messenger app again later it will go back to where you were. If you exit the thread and then hit the home button it will go to your messenger main screen next time you open it.
    beh likes this.
    09-14-2015 08:07 AM
  7. Rick F1's Avatar
    Erasat the process to get phone into recovery mode did not work, since I was not able to get it to go into recovery mode. I did clear cached data from setting but did not help.
    09-14-2015 08:27 AM
  8. erasat's Avatar
    Erasat the process to get phone into recovery mode did not work, since I was not able to get it to go into recovery mode. I did clear cached data from setting but did not help.
    Try doing it again as it's the same process for all the Samsung's phones I know of, it works all the time.

    Be sure to press and hold the buttons until you see the Android Robot, then you release them. Be sure to press the buttons in this order, Home, Volume UP and Power.
    09-14-2015 08:39 AM
  9. Rick F1's Avatar
    This issue still occurs in all APPS in the phone. I went into recovery mode and did the suggested abd it is still happening. Web browser, text app and everything else. Is anyone else having this problem.
    09-21-2015 06:12 AM
  10. AlexMarie15's Avatar
    I use Textra so I'm not having the same exact problem, but I am plagued with apps opening up as soon as I unlock the phone with my fingerprint. Sometimes it will do it multiple times in a row. I hate to factory reset only to have it keep happening, so I'll bear through my note 5's annoying, but only bug.
    09-21-2015 11:50 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Should I buy a Moto X Pure or Galaxy S6?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 03:28 AM
  2. How can I fix my camera on my S4?
    By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM
  3. Why won't my Galaxy Note 2 boot after updating?
    By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 04:25 AM
  4. cant update my note 4
    By Vilius12 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 04:03 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD