Vibrate - missed calls and notifications

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I will say, I'm still trying to get used to the vibrate intensity on this device.

Coming from a BlackBerry Passport, Z30 and iPhone 6 Plus, this vibrate seems 'weak'.

Maybe I'll change the intensity level, or something.

Anyone else notice or even use vibrate mode? Maybe my case, Versus, isn't helping?

Edit: vibration intensity set to maximum.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems fine, about what I am used to. It's not nearly as strong as when I had Motorola phones, but I am used to the intensity now.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are using a case that is or has a soft shock absorbing layer next to the phone I would fully expect vibration to be damped.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Good point. And, maybe, just maybe, that is partly the issue. I'm using the Verus case. Very slick form fitting case. The real test would be for me to remove that case for a day. But, the Note 5 is so slippery; it really is...

If you are using a case that is or has a soft shock absorbing layer next to the phone I would fully expect vibration to be damped.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Use an application like Lightflow that allows you to customize the vibration patterns and duration. At the minimum it will vibrate longer so you should feel the incoming notification. I use a Verus case with my Note 5 inside a leather case from Turtleback and can feel the vibrations of incoming alerts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a case on your device? If so, which? Maybe that is partly my issue...

The vibration is not as strong-feeling in the case as when I have it out of the case, for sure. But it about par for what I am used to , outside of the old Motorola's I had ..

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Good point. And, maybe, just maybe, that is partly the issue. I'm using the Verus case. Very slick form fitting case. The real test would be for me to remove that case for a day. But, the Note 5 is so slippery; it really is...

I carry my Note 5 nude so I know exactly what you are saying. It would be nice if there was an option to change the strength of the vibration for folks who you it for notifications. I only use it for Emergency Alerts and I can tell you from experience that a nude Note 5 on a hard surface table will cause the phone to walk across the table and makes enough noise to wake up the almost dead :p

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I carry my Note 5 nude so I know exactly what you are saying. It would be nice if there was an option to change the strength of the vibration for folks who you it for notifications. I only use it for Emergency Alerts and I can tell you from experience that a nude Note 5 on a hard surface table will cause the phone to walk across the table and makes enough noise to wake up the almost dead :p

You know, if the device naked wasn't so slippery, I'd use it naked. I used my Z30 & BlackBerry Passport naked...

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I put a ZAGG original screen protector on the back and a ZAGG tempered glass on the front. Still naked so to speak but the protector on the back gives it a lot of grip!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I put a ZAGG original screen protector on the back and a ZAGG tempered glass on the front. Still naked so to speak but the protector on the back gives it a lot of grip!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

Hmm, interesting! It makes sense, I may have to try that...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm this ---- close to going naked with my device. More and more, I'm beginning to think that manufacturers make devices to use a case. I guess it makes us spend more money, keep case manufacturers in business and creates jobs. Ah, the economics of it all...

Honestly, why would anyone manufacture a 'slippery' smartphone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow