Any recent (September) Note 5 64GB orders?

BB Mark

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to wait to see the physical phones, and finally got around to the Verizon store last week. They offer $200 for my old phone (SG4) and would have to order the Note 5 64GB.

I check out Costco. They offer $150 rebate (no trade in) and can order the N5 64GB.

I sleep on it, do a little more checking and decide to go back to Costco to order.

UGH. Low stock warning. Needs manager approval to order the N5 64GB They have the 32GB in stock. Phone call placed, manager can't/won't order. I ask them to check back daily and call me when they can order.

Yesterday, we visit another Costco, and I ask them. They no longer show the 64GB in stock. Unsure if they are going to get more. 32GB still in stock.

I haven't found any news online about a shortage. Guess they sold out their allotment and are not going to order again right away.

I can wait, but hate waiting for something that might not happen.

If you've bought the Note 5 64GB recently, where did you buy it? Why there? Deals?

Thanks.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
re:

I would do it at Verizon and trade in. That seems like a pretty good deal.

Don't do 32GB if you ever wanna sell it.

hobbsave4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
re:

Only 32gb note 5 being offered at my Costco. No 64gb in inventory. $150 + $15 cash card offer still going on. Why no 64gb Costco? Geez

BB Markk

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
re:

I think I can get $100+ selling the phone on eBay. Going V means getting $50+ less overall selling the phone.

We may decide to keep the phone and 'upgrade' my FIL with it. He has a basic phone, so we can't even sub that out for the V trade in.

I'm running out of room on the SG4 with 24GB total. I'm sure I'd be unhappy with the 32GB down the road.

BB Markk

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
re:

Unsure about Costco and why they aren't available. It's a vendor that has kiosks at Costco and they do have a few Costcos per warehouse. I'd like to find out if there is another Costco vendor in the area that isn't affiliated with them, and therefore has a different supply in stock. I'm in Central Jersey. Checked Marlboro and Brick.

Verizon in Manalapan was going to have to order as well.

Stopped in Best Buy, saw one employee helping a customer. Saw a few others talking to each other. I looked things over, spent some time playing with the Note 5, G6E+, and then walked out. Nobody approached, or looked over when looked at them. Also couldn't tell exactly what deal they had going, other than wireless charger. Thought they might be doing $200 back, but if it's in BB credit, then probably not a great deal for me.

I don't mind "it will ship from our warehouse". I do mind "backorder" and not knowing if/when it will ship.

Last edited:

Clams1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

I got a 64 GB note 5 at Costco in King of Prussia, PA last week. Had to order it, took about a week to come in. Came with a free car charger and a car mount. Plus there is a coupon for the $150 Costco card and a free wireless charger, I was told that those will take about two weeks. Good deal.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
re:

Ordered for Verizon and paid $12.99 and had the phone the very next morning. If you can't get it anywhere you might have to break down and purchase from Verizon. It's only money...........:p

hobbsave4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
re:

I can walk into an AT&T store and pay full price or next plan for a 64gb. In Stock. And Get a free slow wireless charger. But I am holding off for a deal such as the $150 cash back from Costco.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

I can walk into an AT&T store and pay full price or next plan for a 64gb. In Stock. And Get a free slow wireless charger. But I am holding off for a deal such as the $150 cash back from Costco.
I got a white 64 GB from AT&T at one of their stores on 9/6, got $300.00 for switching to them from Verizon, got a free Galaxy Tab 4 8" AND $215 back for my Note 4! ??? :)

Last edited:

BB Markk

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
re:

I got a 64 GB note 5 at Costco in King of Prussia, PA last week. Had to order it, took about a week to come in. Came with a free car charger and a car mount. Plus there is a coupon for the $150 Costco card and a free wireless charger, I was told that those will take about two weeks. Good deal.

Thank you. I'll give them a call tomorrow, and make the trek down to order in person if necessary.

javendan

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
re:

Another Costco Verizon Note5 6GB in black here. Ordered via the kiosk and took about a week. Same deal... rebate, free stuff. All good! And, no trade in needed.

Joel

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BB Markk

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
re:

Another Costco Verizon Note5 6GB in black here. Ordered via the kiosk and took about a week. Same deal... rebate, free stuff. All good! And, no trade in needed.

Joel

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cool. Where? I'm in NJ. The two I checked couldn't even order them.

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Re:

I ordered my 64gb yesterday from best buy. It will be here tomorrow. Selling my Note 4 to a friend for $275

Last edited:

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re:

When I ordered mine from Verizon a few weeks ago, I was told that most stores don't stock the 64GB, but they do have them in the warehouse. If I had to guess why, I would say to move the 32GB for those people that must have it now or would "settle" on a purchase rather than wait a day or two and order a 64GB.

BB Markk

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Costco KoP can't order them today. He did say he ordered some last week. They may come back in stock, or not.

Checked out Best Buy. None in stock (Howell), but can be ordered online. No promotion currently (UGH).

May end up waiting a couple months and checking out BF deals...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995