Apologies ahead if I missed this thread. Hoping to help somebody out with this.
    I've found that if you register the same Fingerprint more than once under settings, in maybe a slightly different position each time, the accuracy of the scanner goes up significantly. I've registered my left thumb 3 times and my right thumb once, and every time I try to unlock my phone with my right thumb, it doesn't let me do so 50% of the time, but the accuracy with my left thumb is around a 90%

Hope this works for you, if you've had any issue with the scanner like I have.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-14-2015 02:54 PM
    When you record your fingerprint, move it all over, side to side and up and down. That way no matter what angle you place your fingerprint, you will rarely get a bad read.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-14-2015 03:07 PM
    When you record your fingerprint, move it all over, side to side and up and down. That way no matter what angle you place your fingerprint, you will rarely get a bad read.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I tried everything, for some reason, I just wouldn't get a good read, I just did what you suggested, but in 3 different tries, since I won't be using those other Fingerprint slots for any other finger.

09-14-2015 03:09 PM
    Stop biting your fingers
    jimd1050, hobbsave4 and emad1995 like this.
    09-14-2015 03:50 PM
    You need to scan it in the same orientation as you use the phone to unlock the phone

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-14-2015 04:11 PM
    You need to scan it in the same orientation as you use the phone to unlock the phone

I have done that, still finding it not as accurate as registering the same fingerprint multiple times.

09-14-2015 04:23 PM

I don't think so. Mine scans fine in any orientation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-14-2015 04:31 PM
    I have my 2 thumbs for one hand usage on each hand, and my right index finger for when I have the phone on my left hand.

So just register 1 finger at a time in all positions that you may think of, vertical, horizontal, at angles, full, partial, you name it. Doing this you will have 3 fingers/slots used of the 4 available, for the 4th I use both thumbs, you may use different fingers for the same slot registration, so in this one I use even more rare angles for both thumbs, that way I can say that I have a 98% success rate using the fingerprint.

So there you have it, yes, you may use more than 1 finger per slot, so in theory you may use up to 8 fingerprints to unlock your device.
    dudeman702 likes this.
    09-14-2015 05:42 PM
    I have my 2 thumbs for one hand usage on each hand, and my right index finger for when I have the phone on my left hand.

So just register 1 finger at a time in all positions that you may think of, vertical, horizontal, at angles, full, partial, you name it. Doing this you will have 3 fingers/slots used of the 4 available, for the 4th I use both thumbs, you may use different fingers for the same slot registration, so in this one i use even more rare angles for both thumbs, that way I can say that I have a 98% success rate using the fingerprint.

So there you have it, yes, you may use more than 1 finger per slot, so in theory you may use up to 8 fingerprints to unlock your device.
    Thats what I've been doing, angling the same finger differently in separate slots and I find it to be way more accurate.

mynewride likes this.
    09-14-2015 05:44 PM
    I have done that, still finding it not as accurate as registering the same fingerprint multiple times.

Yeah... I do both. Like when used in my desk, I register my thumb in the exact orientation that I normally use it as one fingerprint. Then when holding it in my hand, I register it as another fingerprint, and so on

dudeman702 and Willyman like this.
    09-15-2015 12:16 AM