Has anyone dropped their Note 5 yet? My mom dropped it today from sofa level height, and it fell on our hardwood floors. Hardware wise it looks fine (had a pretty light case and screen protector on it), but I'm worried there is some software damage or internal parts damage that can't see. I just get very worried about my phones being damaged which is why I try to take very good care of them...sigh. anyway, should I be worried? How durable is the note 5?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-14-2015 08:08 PM
    Oh my gosh - I did drop my new Note 5 - last Saturday - taking it out of my back pocket - the phone angels smiled on me - no screen or case damage at all.

Phone is covered with a Spigen Clear crystal dual case and a Zagg screen (not tempered). The phone must have hit at precisely the blessed impact angle as I have dropped other phones which hit far less hard and which were severely damaged.

Lucky and loving my Note 5!!!

09-14-2015 08:20 PM
    Has anyone dropped their Note 5 yet? My mom dropped it today from sofa level height, and it fell on our hardwood floors. Hardware wise it looks fine (had a pretty light case and screen protector on it), but I'm worried there is some software damage or internal parts damage that can't see. I just get very worried about my phones being damaged which is why I try to take very good care of them...sigh. anyway, should I be worried? How durable is the note 5?

Same exact thing happen with me and I dropped it when I was on vacation at seat level also, my s-pen came out just a bit, but it's fine no scratched, dings or dent. All good with everything including Samsung Pay!
    09-14-2015 09:51 PM
    I DROPPED MY NOTE 5 TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVEEER😢😢i was at the gym hitting chest (YOU KNOW GETTING THEM GAAAINZ) anywho while i was on the bench and it slipped out of my pocket..it must have fell only like 1 foot off the bench. I have a otterbox defender case so the phone is ok. BUT the spen seemed to pop out and it broke..like the top lil clicky part was cut clean off...DISAPPOINTMENT TO SAY THE LEASt ON THE durability...idk what to do at this point..should i call samsung and complain to see if they will send a new one or does anyone know where to buy a new one at???

09-15-2015 11:13 AM
    dropped mine today from waist high onto stone at a construction jobsite. few scratches on the upper right corner but i dont care....
    09-15-2015 03:48 PM
    All bout dem gainz!!!! LOL
    Laserbutt likes this.
    09-15-2015 05:13 PM
    Dropped mine bout 3 feet. I have a sturdy case on it but of course managed to ding the area around the S Pen. The S Pen also flew out...luckily it wasn't damaged. As far as internal damage don't think so. I dropped mine bout a week ago and I haven't had any issues
    09-15-2015 05:15 PM
    I DROPPED MY NOTE 5 TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVEEER😢😢i was at the gym hitting chest (YOU KNOW GETTING THEM GAAAINZ) anywho while i was on the bench and it slipped out of my pocket..it must have fell only like 1 foot off the bench. I have a otterbox defender case so the phone is ok. BUT the spen seemed to pop out and it broke..like the top lil clicky part was cut clean off...DISAPPOINTMENT TO SAY THE LEASt ON THE durability...idk what to do at this point..should i call samsung and complain to see if they will send a new one or does anyone know where to buy a new one at???

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Laserbutt likes this.
    09-15-2015 06:10 PM
    I dropped mine today from about 2 feet inside the bus is was working on,I was laying down reading during my lunch and it fell and hit one of the fender covers from the rear wheels and the Spen popped out I was kinda scared because I have a minimalistic case ,but everything was OK including the Spen, thank God

09-21-2015 05:24 PM
    Scratch/Damage Test:

Water Test:

Coke Test:

Though I would not want to try any of them...it appears, this phone is one touch bugger!!
    09-21-2015 07:35 PM
    Dropped mine out of my truck when choosing the door. Bounced off my running boards and landed face down on the street. Scared to death I turned it over, no damage! Love Spigen cases and tempered glass screen protectors.
    09-21-2015 07:54 PM
    Took mine out of my otter box to explore the feel of it a bit without the case. A friend stopped by so I slipped it in my pocket and when I sat down it slipped out of my pocket and bounced off my tile floors. There is a ding on the metal frame and the rear glass cracked across the corner. I have insurance but sucks to pay another 149$ for cosmetic reasons but I'm going to do it in case there is internal damage too.

This is the first time I have ever broken a phone.
    09-22-2015 12:57 PM
    Took mine out of my otter box to explore the feel of it a bit without the case. A friend stopped by so I slipped it in my pocket and when I sat down it slipped out of my pocket and bounced off my tile floors. There is a ding on the metal frame and the rear glass cracked across the corner. I have insurance but sucks to pay another 149$ for cosmetic reasons but I'm going to do it in case there is internal damage too.

Jeez that bites! Curse the moment you decided to admire the Sexy Beast!

About 2 days after I got my 1st note (Note 3) I rolled over it. I was taking grocery out my car and thought a can fell out, but it was my phone. My son yelled out that I had rolled on my dog's tie out so I put the car in gear and rolled a couple inches...CRUNCH! My brand new Note 3. True story! Thank goodness for insurance.

Army21 likes this.
    09-22-2015 01:05 PM

My deductible is $175. Why is yours so low?
    09-22-2015 01:14 PM
    Scratch/Damage Test:

Water Test:

Coke Test:

Though I would not want to try any of them...it appears, this phone is one touch bugger!!
    Glad it's so tough but a little disappointed, I was hoping for some carnage!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    09-22-2015 02:35 PM
    I was thinking that the cost at Samsung to replace the back glass is less than insurance deductibles.
    09-22-2015 03:11 PM
    Dropped mine from about 3 ft, phone was fine with a tpu case however my s-pen ejected and cracked at the tip. I had to order a new one off eBay for $20 and it works as good as the original.

Check out this extreme 900ft drop test and it still works!

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...e-5-900ft.html

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-22-2015 08:01 PM
    I was thinking that the cost at Samsung to replace the back glass is less than insurance deductibles.
    Called Samsung back glass replacement is $237. And you are without your phone till they get it fixed and back to you
    09-23-2015 11:27 PM
    My deductible is $175. Why is yours so low?
    Not sure asurion through verizon is $149
    09-23-2015 11:29 PM
    It used to be that like two flagships ago, but I'm pretty sure it's $175 now. I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    09-23-2015 11:37 PM
    Mine is $149 as well, but I guess it's because they discount employees, idk.
    09-24-2015 12:12 AM
    Called Samsung back glass replacement is $237. And you are without your phone till they get it fixed and back to you
    Someone posted here that Samsung quoted then less than $190 for a back glass replacement, not long ago.

Yeah if you have to send your phone into them you are without it about 10 days.
    09-24-2015 07:45 AM
    You can also get Square Trade and their deductible is like $75 and their premium is lower. You can also use local repair places with them. They don't cover loss or theft, just damage.
    09-24-2015 07:47 AM