Scrapebook question...

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a long e-mail message, which I want to keep.

I did a screen write, using the scroll capture function so that I could capture a long e-mail in one file.

When I was done, I had the option to save it to "Save in scrapbook" or "Save in Gallery"

I saved it to scrapbook, figuring I really don't want it mixed in with my photos, and when I need it, I'd look in the scrapbook, NOT in my photo gallery.

Well, to my dismay, if saved to scrapbook, you can't enlarge it, it's a small view of your file, with no option that I can find to enlarge it to make it easier to read!

Saved in Gallery, I can click on it, and it expands so that I can easily read it!

This seems counter-intuitive... why would I want to save notes/emails/whatever to me PHOTO GALLERY to view them at a latter date?

Any way to enlarge files saved to Scrapbook, that I'm missing??

Anyone come across this issue and have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question. The other thing I have noticed is that when you do save it to the gallery, the size of the file is enormous and can't be shared using text or instant message apps without compressing so much the clip becomes useless.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
well the thing with scrapbook, since I have been using it for the last 2-3 years when it was released for the note line, it allows you to take a a quick snippet of what you are watching, and use it to make collages, or send it as a quick message, etc. if you are trying to save an email or anything long like a few pages, your best bet would be to save it in the gallery if you are using the screen write option... or if you are using an email client, just save it on the server, or through pocket/evernote/keep/etc

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. I was saving recipes and categorized them in scrapbook. When I went to view them later I couldn't read them because I couldn't see them. Kind of silly.

Sonshine01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi...with the Galaxy Note 4 I just tap on the item saved and it opens up to see it in a larger size and if I long press on it then it gives me the options to share,save, or copy image. Did they take that away?

Last edited:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the main function of scrapbook is to be able to go back to the source once u clip something.

Say you're shopping for a new cell phone. You go to different websites, clip the phone or its specs or whatever, save it to scrapbook. Later you can pull up those images and be able to go back to the original Web page.

I could be wrong, but i think that's how it was originally advertised...not that it can't have other uses. But as you're seeing, it doesn't work out for everything. Some things are better with screen write.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20