I just started using Android Pay and it certainly is convenient. I like the security of it as well.

Don't know anything about Samsung pay.

Can anyone enlighten me?

TIA
    09-15-2015 02:01 PM
    Pretty much the same thing except you do not need to use NFC to use it
    09-15-2015 02:07 PM
    Same basic idea, but Samsung Pay (besides being Samsung-only), thanks to the hardware on their new devices, supports magnetic stripe transactions, not only NFC like Google Pay does. The advantage of this is that most terminals in the world are compatible with Samsung Pay, just as if you were swiping your own credit card (won't work with 'inner' swipers where you insert your card, not just swipe it, like those found in most ATM's and gas pumps). And if you want, the service also supports NFC payments. That alone gives it an edge over all other payment methods out there.
    09-15-2015 02:08 PM
    I thought Android Pay to be like Apple Pay wherein once you add your cards, it will notify you for not only the transactions you do with your phone, but also if you pay using the physical card. In that way, with Apple Pay I was able to keep track of all the swipes as well. Android Pay does not do that and it only shows/lists the transactions that you paid using Android Pay.

Is Samsung Pay supposed to work exactly like that?
    09-15-2015 04:11 PM
    Not that I know of. But then again, I didn't know Apple Pay allowed you to do that.
    09-15-2015 04:43 PM
    How do you set up Android Pay? Can not find the app
    09-15-2015 09:09 PM
    It hasn't 'hit' everyone yet. In theory, if you have Wallet, it should automatically update itself to the new, basic Wallet and then allow you to install Android Pay. Until then, Android Pay wouldn't show up in your Play Store listings.
    09-16-2015 11:35 AM
    How do you set up Android Pay? Can not find the app
    Only way to have it, for now, is sideloading it, but you also need to update Google Play Services (the correct one for our phones ends with 240). I did it as I have done it a lot of times and I can say that you shouldn't have any issues or worries about the apps, just be sure to use a "trusted site" not just to download for any site that appears in a google search. You can always use apkmirror website.
    09-16-2015 11:46 AM
    Only way to have it, for now, is sideloading it, but you also need to update Google Play Services (the correct one for our phones ends with 240). I did it as I have done it a lot of times and I can say that you shouldn't have any issues or worries about the apps, just be sure to use a "trusted site" not just to download for any site that appears in a google search. You can always use apkmirror website.
    This is not true. I have it
    09-16-2015 04:29 PM
    See attached

Posted via my Samsung Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Android Pay v. Samsung Pay-2485.jpg  
    09-16-2015 04:31 PM
    See attached

Posted via my Samsung Note 5
    Then you are one of the few that has been updated, they have been rolling out the update little by little, too slow I must say.

Anyways, I just Uninstalled it as it was causing an unexpected battery drain, I knew it was it because as soon as I installed it, it began, I remembered that for some Google Wallet was causing the same so it couldn't be a coincidence, after uninstalling it, I immediately see the battery graph seems a lot more normal now.
    09-16-2015 05:44 PM