The DISAPOINTMENT in Samsung Is real

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
^^^ he is past the 14 day window but that's why Verizon and other telecommunications companies sell insurance. So don't be disappointed in Samsung.

So get insurance that way you are covered and no need to stress.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Agreed. I don't think the carrier wants a broken phone back in that 14 day window, either. I don't think that's the intent of the 14 day return policy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
She also told me to go thru my insurance...which i do have.. but why go through insurance and pay a 150ish? Dollar deductable when the peice i need is like no more that 50 dollars (i hope) ..

Plus i know i am going to sound like a drama queen but i dont want no 3rd party s pen when i just dropped a obscene amount of money on a phone...

*TEAR TEAR

Posted via the Android Central App
Also, all insurances do not replace the s-pen. They only replace the core device.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I guess the one option is to wait for S Pens to come in stock or something.

Probably wise to get smartphone insurance in the future.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I will have to try this.... lets see if this leads somewhere because i DO NOT WANT NO SPEN FROM AMAZON

I'm sorry, but this is just too much.

You dropped it, you broke it, and you want to shame Samsung into to replacing it for you?

Seriously? Please..

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

Shenhu

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened to me at the gym. The phone fell out of my locker and my s-pen decided to fly out and broke. I looked up replacements on Amazon and Samsung but couldn't find any. I did manage to find one on eBay for $24. Works perfect.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, but this is just too much.

You dropped it, you broke it, and you want to shame Samsung into to replacing it for you?

Seriously? Please..

Agreed. That's like someone buying a new car then wrecking it and expecting Chevrolet to repair the damage.... Smh...

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I think he was willing to pay for it he's more upset that it's not available anywhere that's his actual complaint is.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's just Samsung. They take forever to get accessories in place. There's nothing wrong with using an Spen from Amazon until you can get an OEM one. Yeah it's frustrating, but you kinda don't have a choice.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you to a certain point. The thing is Samsung has a habit of making things and not offering accessories quicker then the device. Especially if they are promoting them. That's a fail on Samsung's part. I had the gear fit for the longest time I wasn't able to get the gear fit band that they promoted til after 9 months. I believe part of the reason is Samsung just wants to sell their phone and see how their phones sales go then they focus on the accessories which explains why they take so long. Honestly how much does it cost the s-pen to be made compared to the actual phone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think he was willing to pay for it he's more upset that it's not available anywhere that's his actual complaint is.

This is what I got from it -- since the OP said he would love to buy another one from them .. He just seems upset they aren't on sale yet. Hopefully if that 4 week window they quoted is true it should be a little more than a week from today till they are available for purchase.

If you can hold off OP -- I would just wait a little bit longer and buy it from Samsung.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
To play off that, it's the same thing as being the first to get a 2016 Chevrolet and then wrecking it right after you got. With the car just being released the parts network most likely won't have all the parts necessary to repair it. As far as accessory availability Samsung's done much better with the Note 5/S6+ in that the majority of accessories they announced on release are available. That's a big turn around where some of the previously announced accessories never appeared at all. The couple that are missing are the Swarovski cases, charging case, and keyboard case.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had my note for like 2 weeks now and today i had the bad luck of dropping my phone. I have had it in a otterbox defender since day one so the actual phone is ok but my s pen is broken in half..like the clicky part is straight off..the sad part it fell like at a height of 1 or 2 feet and the spen flew out and broke.. i love samsung but i feel if someone is shelling out almost 800 on a phone it should be atleast a bit more durable...one drop is all it took and the pen is broken..but i digress, i look online and see alot of third party spens but i aint about to get one of those i want a oroginal samsung one.. i call tmobile ask if they got them in stock..that was a fail..they tell me to call samsung and ask if they can somehow find it their heart to replace it..i call customer service and try my luck.. i tell them what exactly happened and how it feel that for such a expensive phone it should have been a little more durable. But they tell me it cant be replaced due to the fact it is physical damage. I am not the arguing type and tell her hey it makes sense if its the rules,it is what it is.. i informed her that i am willing to purchase a spen and i have no problem with that...she puts me on hold for 15 [language removed] minutes and tells me they have NO S SPENS THEY CAN SELL ME!! NOT A DAM ONE!! she telling they dont have a single dam pen..in america.. to sell im not even asking for a replacement..i couldnt belive it..then she told me to call back in a week and check if they had some in stock to buy.. then she had the audacity to ask if i needed help with something else..something else?? How she gonna help me with something else if she couldnt even help me with the reason i called..

Idk i just feel i had to vent and share my experience... feel free to comfort me..
THE DISAPPOINTMENT IN SAMSUNG IS REAL!

Rocky 😢😢😢

I've documented my very same situation in a post 2 weeks ago check it out

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=576551

I ended up just ordering a new S Pen on ebay for twenty bucks and it works just the same and looks almost identical, except the tip is black instead of white and the chrome has a little more luster then the original.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

ROCKYLOCO

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Most of u are missing the point...I KNOW THE RULES..physical damage is not covered in warranty...its cool..im not trippin...im not trying to shame SAMSUNG into giving me free stuff... i CLEARLY STATE I WOULD LOVE TO PURCHASE A SPEN JUST FOR THEM TO LEAD ME IN THAT DIRECTION...They have no estimated time of when they will have the pens in stock..i find it dumb that a company of such magnitude will do a full launch on a phone with out having the accessories to come with it in stock for sale is very dumb on their part...ESPECIALLY A ACCESSORY THAT IS A VITAL PART OF THE WHOLE LINE OF PHONES...are u guys telling me..and trying to make me seem like the one in the wrong for believing that its outrageous for them to have billions of those sview cases and wallet covers for the n5 in stock INSTEAD OF THE SPEN!! A ACTUAL PART OF THE PHONE!!! all im saying is apple has their customer service on point and all their acc are ready for sale too when they do a launch on their phone..and im not even a apple lover..thats fact.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Most of u are missing the point...I KNOW THE RULES..physical damage is not covered in warranty...its cool..im not trippin...im not trying to shame SAMSUNG into giving me free stuff... i CLEARLY STATE I WOULD LOVE TO PURCHASE A SPEN JUST FOR THEM TO LEAD ME IN THAT DIRECTION...They have no estimated time of when they will have the pens in stock..i find it dumb that a company of such magnitude will do a full launch on a phone with out having the accessories to come with it in stock for sale is very dumb on their part...ESPECIALLY A ACCESSORY THAT IS A VITAL PART OF THE WHOLE LINE OF PHONES...are u guys telling me..and trying to make me seem like the one in the wrong for believing that its outrageous for them to have billions of those sview cases and wallet covers for the n5 in stock INSTEAD OF THE SPEN!! A ACTUAL PART OF THE PHONE!!! all im saying is apple has their customer service on point and all their acc are ready for sale too when they do a launch on their phone..and im not even a apple lover..thats fact.

Actually according to Samsung's customer service on 9/17 am they are supposed to be in stock and ready to sell as accessories in 4 weeks.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, Apple has issues with iPhone inventory at launch, nevermind the accessories. . I agree that accessories should be available at launch as well. I also think that the s-pen shouldn't be made of cheap plastic. Maybe that magnet eject thing they were talking about a couple of months ago would have helped keep the s-pen inside the phone in instances like this.