09-18-2015 12:44 PM
38 12
tools
    I have had my note for like 2 weeks now and today i had the bad luck of dropping my phone. I have had it in a otterbox defender since day one so the actual phone is ok but my s pen is broken in half..like the clicky part is straight off..the sad part it fell like at a height of 1 or 2 feet and the spen flew out and broke.. i love samsung but i feel if someone is shelling out almost 800 on a phone it should be atleast a bit more durable...one drop is all it took and the pen is broken..but i digress, i look online and see alot of third party spens but i aint about to get one of those i want a oroginal samsung one.. i call tmobile ask if they got them in stock..that was a fail..they tell me to call samsung and ask if they can somehow find it their heart to replace it..i call customer service and try my luck.. i tell them what exactly happened and how it feel that for such a expensive phone it should have been a little more durable. But they tell me it cant be replaced due to the fact it is physical damage. I am not the arguing type and tell her hey it makes sense if its the rules,it is what it is.. i informed her that i am willing to purchase a spen and i have no problem with that...she puts me on hold for 15 [language removed] minutes and tells me they have NO S SPENS THEY CAN SELL ME!! NOT A DAM ONE!! she telling they dont have a single dam pen..in america.. to sell im not even asking for a replacement..i couldnt belive it..then she told me to call back in a week and check if they had some in stock to buy.. then she had the audacity to ask if i needed help with something else..something else?? How she gonna help me with something else if she couldnt even help me with the reason i called..

Idk i just feel i had to vent and share my experience... feel free to comfort me..
    THE DISAPPOINTMENT IN SAMSUNG IS REAL!

Rocky

Posted via the Android Central App
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-15-2015 04:48 PM
    I can't believe they didn't have any spare S pens to sell you - I've been thinking about what I'm going to do when I forget mine somewhere stupid or my two year old gets ahold of it. I was worried about how much they cost, not necessarily the fact that they wouldn't even have one
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-15-2015 04:59 PM
    If you are within the 14 day return period just exchange it.
    09-15-2015 04:59 PM
    That's really odd. I've had the Note 3 and 4 as well the 10.1 Note tablet. They all had S Pens you could buy...I wanna say either $20 or $30. I would try to email Samsung (that way no long hold times) and see if you get a better response. Also check back with your carrier to see if it can be replaced under warranty (I know that's a stretch, but it's worth a try). Good luck and this is def the place to vent. I had a sturdy case on my phone...it took a 3 foot drop and some how still managed to "ding" the area of the S Pen and the S Pen did fly out. I've never had my S Pen fly out before but thankfully it still works. Kinda bummed that my phone is dinged but I'll live.
    09-15-2015 05:08 PM
    ^^^ he is past the 14 day window but that's why Verizon and other telecommunications companies sell insurance. So don't be disappointed in Samsung.

So get insurance that way you are covered and no need to stress.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    crester likes this.
    09-15-2015 05:09 PM
    They are available from sellers on Amazon for around $37.50 in black, grey, and white. A bit more for Gold. Here is a link for the silver like the one in my Black Sapphire Verizon Note 5.
    Amazon.com: Original Samsung Galaxy Note 5 S PEN for AT&T,Veizon,Sprint,T-Mobile US-Cellular (Silver) ~ USA: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-15-2015 05:12 PM
    google them, there are places selling them cheap, $20 or less, they look authentic!
    mfprince likes this.
    09-15-2015 05:14 PM
    ^^^
    Excellent, see everything's fine now

09-15-2015 05:15 PM
    she puts me on hold for 15 [language removed] minutes

.. then she had the audacity to ask if i needed help with something else..something else?? How she gonna help me with something else if she couldnt even help me with the reason i called..
    Thoser are my absolute two most hated things done by customer service reps.

Seems weird that they don't have any to sell yet. Guess you have to go 3rd party for now?
    09-15-2015 05:15 PM
    She also told me to go thru my insurance...which i do have.. but why go through insurance and pay a 150ish? Dollar deductable when the peice i need is like no more that 50 dollars (i hope) ..

Plus i know i am going to sound like a drama queen but i dont want no 3rd party s pen when i just dropped a obscene amount of money on a phone...

*TEAR TEAR

Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-15-2015 06:01 PM
    Samsung is ****...My headphones' Mic doesn't work. It's like pulling nails to get them to replace them. Been going on for over a week. I paid almost 1000 dollars cdn for this thing. I just want everything to work.

I'm using the iPhones ones for now, but the volume buttons don't register to the phone.

Samsung customer service is equal to that of a flea market vendor.
    09-15-2015 06:26 PM
    She also told me to go thru my insurance...which i do have.. but why go through insurance and pay a 150ish? Dollar deductable when the peice i need is like no more that 50 dollars (i hope) ..

Plus i know i am going to sound like a drama queen but i dont want no 3rd party s pen when i just dropped a obscene amount of money on a phone...

*TEAR TEAR

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I dropped mines twice and the s-pen did a part pop-out, but did not break, so I can understand. I'm shocked that Samsung do not have it. This is what Apple truly shines and leads by millenniums. I think I might just purchased an extra just in case. Try to enjoy your phone. Your best option is get it from Amazon and move on.....(sigh).
    kevinpleasants and debdroid1a like this.
    09-15-2015 06:26 PM
    Amazon has the original OEM S pens for sale, all colors...read the reviews to be sure.

09-16-2015 05:06 AM
    It's terrible customer service like this that get me to think to just get an iPhone, and then I realize I just can't go back to ios it drives me crazy. Hopefully one day Samsung will wise up and copy apples customer service.

dreaming of electric sheep
    09-16-2015 06:36 AM
    Whenever they release new product it takes them months before their accessories is available that's the difference between Sammy, LG, Sony vs Apple whenever Apple releases a product they make sure that every thing is available to be purchase especially if they market them. If not they will be available at a certain date. Where these guys have no date, no clue when it's available that's the frustrating part. I had that experience when I bought my gear fit I wanted to buy different colour strap it took almost 8-9 months before I was able to find them. The retails don't even display them so unless you ask you won't even know if they are available.
    09-16-2015 06:45 AM
    Sorry for what you experienced. Maybe check on eBay for one...
    09-16-2015 07:28 AM
    If the cost is only $50, you won't have to pay a $150 dollar deductible, that isn't how insurance works.

FYI You can buy S Pens for about $37 on amazon.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:50 AM
    I have had my note for like 2 weeks now and today i had the bad luck of dropping my phone. I have had it in a otterbox defender since day one so the actual phone is ok but my s pen is broken in half..like the clicky part is straight off..the sad part it fell like at a height of 1 or 2 feet and the spen flew out and broke.. i love samsung but i feel if someone is shelling out almost 800 on a phone it should be atleast a bit more durable...one drop is all it took and the pen is broken..but i digress, i look online and see alot of third party spens but i aint about to get one of those i want a oroginal samsung one.. i call tmobile ask if they got them in stock..that was a fail..they tell me to call samsung and ask if they can somehow find it their heart to replace it..i call customer service and try my luck.. i tell them what exactly happened and how it feel that for such a expensive phone it should have been a little more durable. But they tell me it cant be replaced due to the fact it is physical damage. I am not the arguing type and tell her hey it makes sense if its the rules,it is what it is.. i informed her that i am willing to purchase a spen and i have no problem with that...she puts me on hold for 15 [language removed] minutes and tells me they have NO S SPENS THEY CAN SELL ME!! NOT A DAM ONE!! she telling they dont have a single dam pen..in america.. to sell im not even asking for a replacement..i couldnt belive it..then she told me to call back in a week and check if they had some in stock to buy.. then she had the audacity to ask if i needed help with something else..something else?? How she gonna help me with something else if she couldnt even help me with the reason i called..

Idk i just feel i had to vent and share my experience... feel free to comfort me..
    THE DISAPPOINTMENT IN SAMSUNG IS REAL!

Rocky 😢😢😢

I just saw on ebay replacement s-pen for $16.88 gold but it's a s-pen

09-16-2015 09:35 AM
    And another Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920F N920A N920V N920T N920P Touch Stylus s Pen Gray | eBay
    I just saw on ebay replacement s-pen for $16.88 gold but it's a s-pen

09-16-2015 09:40 AM
    Btw not sure if you try this or not if you go to their Facebook fanpage and write your experience down and complain I guarantee you someone from Samsung will respond to you. It always works for me. Give it a try you'll be surprised how serious they take on bad reviews on their fanpage.
    09-16-2015 11:06 AM
    ^^^ he is past the 14 day window but that's why Verizon and other telecommunications companies sell insurance. So don't be disappointed in Samsung.

So get insurance that way you are covered and no need to stress.

Agreed. I don't think the carrier wants a broken phone back in that 14 day window, either. I don't think that's the intent of the 14 day return policy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-16-2015 12:41 PM

*TEAR TEAR

Also, all insurances do not replace the s-pen. They only replace the core device.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 12:42 PM
    I will have to try this.... lets see if this leads somewhere because i DO NOT WANT NO SPEN FROM AMAZON

09-16-2015 12:44 PM
    Well, I guess the one option is to wait for S Pens to come in stock or something.

Probably wise to get smartphone insurance in the future.
    09-17-2015 07:15 AM
    I will have to try this.... lets see if this leads somewhere because i DO NOT WANT NO SPEN FROM AMAZON

I'm sorry, but this is just too much.

You dropped it, you broke it, and you want to shame Samsung into to replacing it for you?

Seriously? Please..

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    Carlo Villa, Dial square and kj11 like this.
    09-17-2015 07:25 AM
38 12