Anyone Experience GPS Location Issues?

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I was using Waze and the little red banner that tells you that it cannot establish a GPS location popped up and stayed there for about 5 minutes... I was out in the open with my phone right near the windshield...

Has me a little worried... My Galaxy S3 also had this issue... Started as an intermittent problem, but eventually was a permanent problem...

Are there any known GPS issues with some of the Note 5 manufacturing batches?

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Having really bad gps issues right now. Can't lock onto my location, maps bouncing me all over. Takes 20 seconds to show where I'm at every time I use gps. Stinks right now.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Having really bad gps issues right now. Can't lock onto my location, maps bouncing me all over. Takes 20 seconds to show where I'm at every time I use gps. Stinks right now.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I am just very paranoid these days... My Galaxy S3 had GPS issues... Samsung replaced my S3 under warranty because of it... Then my replacement started exhibiting the same issues about a year later (out of warranty)...

It got so bad that I would type in an address (in a completely open environment with line of sight to the next galaxy) and the GPS satellites would not be detected... Sometimes it would take 10-20 minutes for the GPS to finally pick up... When you jump in your car and need directions, you don't have the luxury or patience to wait 10-20 minutes for the directions to START.

Fortunately, a simple reboot resolved my Note 5 GPS issue... But I am still on edge over this issue... I hope my $800 phone doesn't start having GPS issues again...

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I go through an area where that happens every time. I know where it is and can almost do a countdown until the red warning pops up. It also happens to be a dead cellular zone so I think it has something to do with tower triangulation and GPS. Waze or Maps continues to function properly, and about 5 miles later I'm out of that "zone" and all works well.

BroncoTed

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
This concerns me too... I have a Note 4 with terrible GPS functionality (0 or 1 satellites consistently, even with great LTE service) and came to this forum specifically looking for an issue like this, and here it is.

I'm on TMo in new Jersey and might be switching to VZW soon and I'm a little off put by Samsung...the note 4 was my first one and have had every manufacturer before. Never had GPS issues and it's such a vital function for me... I never thought I'd have to choose one phone over another for GPS fidelity in 2015.. Like really?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer