02-25-2016 09:27 PM
107 12345
tools
    Just put some superglue on it and move on with your day. Everybody is a design engineer all of a sudden. Out of millions of S pens there a handful of broken ones. That is pretty good actually. Hate to see people slam a company and talk trash over trivial stuff. If it bothers you that bad, buy a different phone. It really is that easy.
    Wow!! I'm not slamming the company, but I'm disappointed that the SPEN broke and my only option according to Samsung is to send in my PHONE and my Pen!!!! Why do I need to send in my phone when it's the pen that is broken in 2!!!
    And why are there so many complaints of I breaking?
    And WHY are there none in Stock????
    It's no big deal to you, but of course yours is not broken!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2015 01:21 PM
    Wow!! I'm not slamming the company, but I'm disappointed that the SPEN broke and my only option according to Samsung is to send in my PHONE and my Pen!!!! Why do I need to send in my phone when it's the pen that is broken in 2!!!

Call back and get a supervisor about this. I have had to send in an spen on my Note 3 before and I never had to send in my phone.

Make sure the supervisor knows you did not insert your spen backwards and that your broken spen is not stuck inside the spen housing.

You can call back, try one more time for someone that answers the phone to understand your issue. If they say the same, ask for a supervisor. If they still say send your phone in, ask the supervisor why. Then ask them to open a ticket and escalate your issue.
    11-13-2015 01:31 PM
    Welp. Half of my pen is stuck in the phone, the other half came out. Pen had zero issues until now, I went to pull it out, and the thing must have snapped or broke while pulling it out. So now half of the pen is in the phone, and the top is on my desk.

Can't just buy a new pen, because the old one is still in there.
    11-14-2015 02:12 PM
    Welp. Half of my pen is stuck in the phone, the other half came out. Pen had zero issues until now, I went to pull it out, and the thing must have snapped or broke while pulling it out. So now half of the pen is in the phone, and the top is on my desk.

Can't just buy a new pen, because the old one is still in there.
    Oh wow. That's horrible.
    11-14-2015 02:21 PM
    Call back and get a supervisor about this. I have had to send in an spen on my Note 3 before and I never had to send in my phone.

Make sure the supervisor knows you did not insert your spen backwards and that your broken spen is not stuck inside the spen housing.

You can call back, try one more time for someone that answers the phone to understand your issue. If they say the same, ask for a supervisor. If they still say send your phone in, ask the supervisor why. Then ask them to open a ticket and escalate your issue.
    Thank you. I escalated it all the way up to the Supervisor. She gave me 3 options
    ●Send the phone and pen in and she will send me a loaner, not necessarily a Note 5.
    ●Go to a Samsung repair shop, there's only 1 in NY
    ●Wait until they have one in Stock and purchase a replacement.
    All great choices!😐😕

11-14-2015 04:41 PM
    Thank you. I escalated it all the way up to the Supervisor. She gave me 3 options
    ●Send the phone and pen in and she will send me a loaner, not necessarily a Note 5.
    ●Go to a Samsung repair shop, there's only 1 in NY
    ●Wait until they have one in Stock and purchase a replacement.
    All great choices!😐😕

I don't understand why they don't have s-pens in stock. Doesn't make sense to me.
    11-14-2015 05:05 PM
    I don't understand why they don't have s-pens in stock. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Because so many broke and you don't have to give free replacement if you don't have any. Many would eschew pen or buy one on Amazon rather than send in phone
    11-15-2015 12:28 PM
    Because so many broke and you don't have to give free replacement if you don't have any. Many would eschew pen or buy one on Amazon rather than send in phone
    No that's irresponsible by Samsung.
    11-15-2015 01:33 PM
    I gave up after they told me no. For what these phones cost, the material of the a pen should be a bit sturdier. I'm a bit disappointed at how they are handling this, but not so bad that I will get an iPhone. Lol

11-15-2015 01:53 PM
    Mine has a really hard time clicking in and out. Leave it out in the silo. Contacted Samsung Canada. They asked me to send a couple of photos. Had to do the same when my headphones stopped working. Ended up sending me née headphones. Still annoying but at least I'm not required to send my whole phone in.
    11-15-2015 06:26 PM
    No that's irresponsible by Samsung.
    Perhaps it's because they didn't bank on a large number of idiots putting the pen in the opposite way they took it out...
    11-15-2015 07:15 PM
    Who in this thread put there pen in backwards? We're talking about them breaking.

barry99705 likes this.
    11-15-2015 07:17 PM
    Who in this thread put there pen in backwards? We're talking about them breaking.

I didn't say anyone in the thread put their pen in backwards, I was insinuating that the reason Samsung didn't have any spens in stock for replacements was because they sold their stock to people who put them in backwards. Sorry for not breaking it down for you...
    11-15-2015 09:41 PM
    No harm my friend. I think samsung needs to rethink their approach to issues that their customers may run into. I am sure that somewhere in the R&D phase, someone saw this coming. Still love my Note 5 though.

11-15-2015 09:49 PM
    Maybe Samsung is manufacturing new s-pens because they know that the others were faulty.
    11-15-2015 10:31 PM
    I hope so. I would have liked to see a metal pen this time around.

11-15-2015 10:34 PM
    I hope so. I would have liked to see a metal pen this time around.

Maybe that's coming in the Note 6. We will see.
    11-16-2015 05:00 AM

There are VERY few reports of this happening. In this forum there are a handful if that out of all of the members here. Amazon has them in stock from 13 - 25 dollars. A couple of days and you are as good as new. No sending your phone off or anything.
    11-16-2015 05:58 AM
    Perhaps it's because they didn't bank on a large number of idiots putting the pen in the opposite way they took it out...
    They should. It is easy to do. They must know that because they made sure it was impossible to do backwards in Note 3. High quality flashlights also have protection to prevent putting battery in backwards or if inserted backwards cuts the circuit to prevent damage. Many phone batteries are also designed so u cannot put them in backwards.
    11-16-2015 10:57 AM
    They should. It is easy to do. They must know that because they made sure it was impossible to do backwards in Note 3. High quality flashlights also have protection to prevent putting battery in backwards or if inserted backwards cuts the circuit to prevent damage. Many phone batteries are also designed so u cannot put them in backwards.
    It is sad that people would expect a company to go through added expense to put that many safeguards in place to compensate for others carelessness.
    kj11 and Kelly Kearns like this.
    11-16-2015 12:14 PM
    True, it's kinda like asking a car manufacturer to create safeguards to keep you from slamming you car into a tree. They are getting close though. Lol

11-16-2015 02:15 PM
    My Pen was not put in backwards. Somehow the spring broke. I never dropped the phone. Got a screen protector on and it's in a case. Just went to push in the pen to get it out and I couldnt. When it did come out it was in 2 pieces.

11-16-2015 10:35 PM
    I didn't say anyone in the thread put their pen in backwards, I was insinuating that the reason Samsung didn't have any spens in stock for replacements was because they sold their stock to people who put them in backwards. Sorry for not breaking it down for you...
    11-16-2015 10:53 PM
    Mine just broke too. Pretty cheap if you ask me. My "clicker" would get stuck in the in position and I'd have to give it a little pull to pop it out. I ended up pulling the 2 pieces apart. I had already contacted Samsung about the faulty clicker or button.

No I wasn't tugging on it. A gentle pull really.
    Attached Thumbnails S Pen broken-1447791842481.jpg  
    11-17-2015 02:26 PM
    Sorry man. I actually was able to glue mine back together. I still may buy a replacement though.

11-17-2015 02:56 PM
107 12345