S Pen broken

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Who in this thread put there pen in backwards? We're talking about them breaking.

Posted via the Android Central App

I didn't say anyone in the thread put their pen in backwards, I was insinuating that the reason Samsung didn't have any spens in stock for replacements was because they sold their stock to people who put them in backwards. Sorry for not breaking it down for you...

ashleytct3

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
No harm my friend. I think samsung needs to rethink their approach to issues that their customers may run into. I am sure that somewhere in the R&D phase, someone saw this coming. Still love my Note 5 though.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow!! I'm not slamming the company, but I'm disappointed that the SPEN broke and my only option according to Samsung is to send in my PHONE and my Pen!!!! Why do I need to send in my phone when it's the pen that is broken in 2!!!
And why are there so many complaints of I breaking?
And WHY are there none in Stock????
It's no big deal to you, but of course yours is not broken!!!

There are VERY few reports of this happening. In this forum there are a handful if that out of all of the members here. Amazon has them in stock from 13 - 25 dollars. A couple of days and you are as good as new. No sending your phone off or anything.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps it's because they didn't bank on a large number of idiots putting the pen in the opposite way they took it out...
They should. It is easy to do. They must know that because they made sure it was impossible to do backwards in Note 3. High quality flashlights also have protection to prevent putting battery in backwards or if inserted backwards cuts the circuit to prevent damage. Many phone batteries are also designed so u cannot put them in backwards.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
They should. It is easy to do. They must know that because they made sure it was impossible to do backwards in Note 3. High quality flashlights also have protection to prevent putting battery in backwards or if inserted backwards cuts the circuit to prevent damage. Many phone batteries are also designed so u cannot put them in backwards.

It is sad that people would expect a company to go through added expense to put that many safeguards in place to compensate for others carelessness.

ashleytct3

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
True, it's kinda like asking a car manufacturer to create safeguards to keep you from slamming you car into a tree. They are getting close though. Lol

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps it's because they didn't bank on a large number of idiots putting the pen in the opposite way they took it out...

My Pen was not put in backwards. Somehow the spring broke. I never dropped the phone. Got a screen protector on and it's in a case. Just went to push in the pen to get it out and I couldnt. When it did come out it was in 2 pieces.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't say anyone in the thread put their pen in backwards, I was insinuating that the reason Samsung didn't have any spens in stock for replacements was because they sold their stock to people who put them in backwards. Sorry for not breaking it down for you...

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine just broke too. Pretty cheap if you ask me. My "clicker" would get stuck in the in position and I'd have to give it a little pull to pop it out. I ended up pulling the 2 pieces apart. I had already contacted Samsung about the faulty clicker or button.

No I wasn't tugging on it. A gentle pull really.

Attachments

• 1447791842481.jpg
    1447791842481.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine broke and Samsung is sending me a new one for free. Had to take pics of it and email it to them. Sometimes they ask for a pic of your receipt too.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
SUPERGLUE will make them good as new if not better.

A free new one from Samsung will make them good as new too if not better. I'm not buying super glue and taking time to fix a defective product off my 900 hundred dollar, 2 month old device. But that's just me. I expect the products I spend lots of money on to last.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12