Message Alert Repetition - I don't think the Note 5 has this feature, I've looked at all the settings on the phone, and searched all over the internet for an answer. I have only had the phone for a day and I am afraid this will be a deal breaker for me. Can any one tell me for sure and is there anyway to fix it so it does.
    Thanks
    09-16-2015 01:24 PM
    You mean the Notification Reminder? Yup, it's there (unless your carrier, for some bizarre reason, removed it). Settings, Accessibility, Notification Reminder.

If you want to use the Flash for notifications, that's also in Accessibility but inside the Hearing section.
    You mean the Notification Reminder? Yup, it's there (unless your carrier, for some bizarre reason, removed it). Settings, Accessibility, Notification Reminder.

If you want to use the Flash for notifications, that's also in Accessibility but inside the Hearing section.
    sstoo likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:27 PM
    Thank you so much! I never even looked in the Accessibility section. New phones are so stressful. Now I will be able to love this phone..
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:47 PM
    Thank you so much! I never even looked in the Accessibility section. New phones are so stressful. Now I will be able to love this phone..
    That's the first thing I do with any new phone, once it's up and running... look through each and every settings menu / submenu / sub-submenu from beginning to end.
    09-16-2015 02:49 PM
    That's the first thing I do with any new phone, once it's up and running... look through each and every settings menu / submenu / sub-submenu from beginning to end.
    Sometimes you find features that weren't wildly announced and that, sometimes, might be very useful. For instance, I didn't know the Note 4 and 5 could listen for babies crying to alert you. Weird feature, but useful for nannies/moms who might doze off or just have hearing limitations.
    09-17-2015 11:02 AM
    Sometimes you find features that weren't wildly announced and that, sometimes, might be very useful. For instance, I didn't know the Note 4 and 5 could listen for babies crying to alert you. Weird feature, but useful for nannies/moms who might doze off or just have hearing limitations.
    Where is this in settings? I cant find it
    09-17-2015 03:26 PM
    The baby crying thing? Accessibility, Hearing, Sound Detectors. You get Baby Crying and Doorbell (and then it can let you 'train' the doorbell to match yours).
    calicocat2010 and sshafranko like this.
    09-17-2015 03:57 PM
    So, I don't know if this is the same type of problem, but MY notification bar keeps showing duplicates. No, I don't have a background image with banners set as part of the background. My notification reminder is turned off.

Note 5 - Message alert repetition?-screenshot_2015-09-17-14-47-25.jpg
    09-17-2015 04:10 PM
    The baby crying thing? Accessibility, Hearing, Sound Detectors. You get Baby Crying and Doorbell (and then it can let you 'train' the doorbell to match yours).
    Ty found it...i remember it from my Note edge but didnt thing this had it.
    09-17-2015 04:58 PM
    If you tap and hold on those notifications, which app is triggering them? Do you get the same from ALL notifications?
    09-17-2015 04:58 PM
    Well, see that's just it. I've messed with it so much, None of the banners are appearing now on the notification bar. I've rebooted the phone more than once. Turned on Notification Reminder, Showed All Content on Lock Screen. Nada. I realllllllllllllly Don't want to factory reset this phone.
    09-17-2015 11:05 PM
    Well, if they're not appearing anymore... maybe you don't need to factory reset if the problem is gone? If it happens again, then try the long-press to see which app is triggering them.
    09-18-2015 11:02 AM
    I don't know what I did, but the banners are showing up now, BUT not Hangouts. There must be an issue with Hangouts because that notification for my Android Wear watch is Not popping up correctly. I reset the watch, but same thing is happening.
    09-23-2015 01:32 PM
    So yesterday, I Saw the Google Hangouts Banner pop up, flicker then disappear. So there is Something glitchy happening with Hangouts.
    09-25-2015 07:44 AM
    Edit, I messed with the settings in my phone, and the third party app "Lightflow" and now Hangouts is appearing as it should. But, I've disabled Lightflow as I really don't need it now.
    09-29-2015 03:37 PM