I've had my Note 5 for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm absolutely loving it. The other thing I cant figure out how to fix is the lock screen notification for my Private Internet Access VPN app.

From the lock screen it always displays a notification saying "VPN is activated by privateinternetacess". If I hold the notification I am giving the option to either " Set Priority or hide notification from lock screen".

If I do choose to hide it, it just has a notification saying "Android System content hidden". I've also disable notifications for the app but they still show up.

Is there a simple fix for this I'm not aware of?
    09-17-2015 04:00 AM
    Under the lock screen settings is Notifications. In that you should be able to turn off the notifications for whatever you don't want to see there.
    09-17-2015 06:33 AM
    Under the lock screen settings is Notifications. In that you should be able to turn off the notifications for whatever you don't want to see there.
    I have actually turned off notification for the app already and even if I block them they still show up.
    09-17-2015 07:57 AM
    I have actually turned off notification for the app already and even if I block them they still show up.
    Literally just hit this problem. The app in question is not PIA itself, but the Android System App.

When you turn on the phone and are presented with the lock screen, you can partilly swipe the notification bar to the left to reveal a "settings" icon. If you select this, it will bring up the settings menu for the Android System app. You can turn off notifications for the app from here.

My only concern is that if the system app needs to tell you something, it won't tell you on the lock screen, but I think that's only a minor thing.

Good Luck!
    10-06-2017 03:50 PM