How to disable/mute camera shutter sound?

nn6024

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought a galaxy note 5 64gb from korea and i just noticed that the shutter sound is still there even silent mode is on. Is there any app that can get rid of it? Thanks !

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
The N920L, K, and F have NO POSSIBLE way to mute the camera. That's a law here in Korea. Even iPhones have no way to mute the shutter sound. You could download a 3rd party app like silent camera or good camera but that's a crapshoot. Some will mute it but most won't. Also you'll take a giant hit in quality. Google camera even has no way to mute it. Embrace that lovely sound! I live in Korea and its always been one of the most annoying things. In fact I sold my iPhone 6 plus for way more then even a new one because it came from America and you could mute the shutter.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have used "enforced stream silencer" before on another phone. Not sure if it works on the note 5. You can find it by Google search.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

nn6024

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My model is N920S. I tried to download silent camera and a few other apps but it wont't work. Actually it isn't a big issue to me but when it comes to taking photos of my cats, animals or babies, it gets super annoying !!!!!!!! Sometimes when I am too lazy taking notes during a meeting which I will simply take photos of things written on the board or the powerpoint slides....now I just can't do it anymore awwww !!!!

nn6024

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I didn't think of getting Note 5 from korea but 64GB is only available in korea, taiwan or maybe a few other countries. 32GB is really not enough to use especially 15GB is already used for system memory when you get the phone. Why is there no micro SD card slot ??!?!!?!! >_< I hate it !

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers